Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Not Another tsb thread!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
Max is on a distinguished road

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Not Another tsb thread!

Sorry to start another tsb thread, but i have read through alot of them and still have a few questions. As of now i am running a revtek coilspacer in the front and a aal in the back. This week im gonna try and see if i can get the tsb and im wondering if they will say no due to my rear aal. I have though of taking it out for when i take it in, but with the coil spacer would they still say no ? And i take my truck off road quite often and the dealership will be able to notice, could this also be a factor? thanks for the help .
oh and if u have an 07 are u just out of luck ?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Even if you were able to get the TSB done...

You won't get your original leaf pak back.... so, if you don't take the AAL OUT before you go....you'll never see them again. If its part of the leaf pak - they'll keep the whole thing.

So - I'd highly recommend taking the AAL out.

IF you have a TRD truck - they won't mess with the front end. And since you have a lift already in the front, they might not perform the allignment for you. I honestly don't know...you'll just have to ask them.

If you have a NON-TRD truck...same situation as the rear. They'll take apart your front coil paks to install bilstein struts and allign the front end. They'll keep your original struts and I'll bet they won't put the spacers back in for you.

But who knows? Try to find some folks (in your area) who have the TSB done already. Find out what dealerships they got it done at. Get 'friendly' with the service writer and discuss your situation (nicely and politely) and see what they can do for you. A little *talking* can go a long way.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #3

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Even if you were able to get the TSB done...

You won't get your original leaf pak back.... so, if you don't take the AAL OUT before you go....you'll never see them again. If its part of the leaf pak - they'll keep the whole thing.

So - I'd highly recommend taking the AAL out.

IF you have a TRD truck - they won't mess with the front end. And since you have a lift already in the front, they might not perform the allignment for you. I honestly don't know...you'll just have to ask them.

If you have a NON-TRD truck...same situation as the rear. They'll take apart your front coil paks to install bilstein struts and allign the front end. They'll keep your original struts and I'll bet they won't put the spacers back in for you.

But who knows? Try to find some folks (in your area) who have the TSB done already. Find out what dealerships they got it done at. Get 'friendly' with the service writer and discuss your situation (nicely and politely) and see what they can do for you. A little *talking* can go a long way.

thanks alot for the info, big help.
tomorrow im taking out my aal and im going to try and run by the dealership. I have a trd sport so i dont think i have anything to worry about for the front ?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
thanks alot for the info, big help.
tomorrow im taking out my aal and im going to try and run by the dealership. I have a trd sport so i dont think i have anything to worry about for the front ?
They won't do anything to the front (coil struts that is).... As part of the TSB - they're supposed to allign the front end.

However, with the coil spacers....they may or may not want to allign it.

It all depends on the dealership. Some are just a pain in the azz and others are glad to help ya out.

Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
This is all assuming they even agree to do it in the first place. Many dealerships (mine included) will give you the run around. They have not yet agreed to do it on mine and mine is all stock. Aargh!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #6

Max's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking of printing out the tsb and actually taking it in when i go, ive searched through and have yet to find a dealership near me that has done it. Oh well i got quite a few phone calls to make tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
well, I was told today that my harsh ride is now because I overloaded the truck when I put 600 lbs in the back so they could test it -
trip 1, no weight, sorry,
trip 2, too much weight, "we took some weight out and the truck was fine"
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #8

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
well, I was told today that my harsh ride is now because I overloaded the truck when I put 600 lbs in the back so they could test it -
HAHA i guess your off to another dealership ehh?
i cant believe they went through that much trouble testing it...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
According to Toyota, the payload carrying capacity is 1360. If it's bottoming out with 600, it's not within specs:
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/specs.html

Put your 600 lbs (less than half the rated capacity) in it and take it back to the dealer with the spec sheet. Or call the 1-800 toyota number and get it pre-arranged.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #10

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
According to Toyota, the payload carrying capacity is 1360. If it's bottoming out with 600, it's not within specs:
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/specs.html

Put your 600 lbs (less than half the rated capacity) in it and take it back to the dealer with the spec sheet. Or call the 1-800 toyota number and get it pre-arranged.

double cab, long bed is1,175 lbs, (sticker on the truck) - 1,305 on the website ?????
differant spec's on the truck and on the web site

I had it pre arranged, twice with this dealer -
they are less than a mile from my house -
7 miles from Toyota USA in Torrance
at this point, I may go to another dealer - Long Beach Toyota
Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
double cab, long bed is1,175 lbs

I had it pre arranged, twice with this dealer -
they are less than a mile from my house -
7 miles from Toyota USA in Torrance
at this point, I may go to another dealer - Long Beach Toyota
I drove 30 miles to buy my tacoma and the same 30 miles to get my TSB done without any hassles.

There's a toyota dealer only 3 miles from my house - and I've never had a good feeling or experience with them.

I'll drive another 30 miles to get the service & respect I deserve.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I drove 30 miles to buy my tacoma and the same 30 miles to get my TSB done without any hassles.

There's a toyota dealer only 3 miles from my house - and I've never had a good feeling or experience with them.

I'll drive another 30 miles to get the service & respect I deserve.
I drove 300 miles to buy the truck, but the local dealer did the TSB which was done correctly the first time. But I have bought other vehicles from the local dealer and they do a lot of the service and warranty work.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #13

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
and this last Monday with 600 lbs in it -
they were nice enough to let me know I overloaded the truck and to
"take some weight out"(right there on the service report)
seams that after sending a e-mail to the service manager, toyota corp., along with copies of other 08 service reports showing the TSB done, the actual truck load information from the web site,
I have recieved an e-mail from service that the parts are ordered
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #14
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
seams that after sending a e-mail to the service manager, toyota corp., along with copies of other 08 service reports showing the TSB done, the actual truck load information from the web site,
It'll be worth it in the end.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gawd....What a joke. How frigin stupid can these people be?

I can't imagine how many customers they *blow off* with stupid reponses like that. It's pretty damn pathetic that the customer (you) have to spend your time just to proove a point and get what you want in the first place.

And they think we're stupid.....?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #16

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
I think they actually thought I was simply going to go away -
the service advisor was not happy to see me today
I stopped off to get another free wash and he avoided me,
probably had something to do with my e-mail to the service manager
helps to send e-mails to both the local dealer's service manager and corp Toyota at the same time
toyota_cares@toyota.com
as good, if not better than the 800 #
Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #17
taconewf is on a distinguished road
taconewf's Tacoma Gallery
Had my 06 dblcb in for service, advised rear bottoming & overal just a bad ride, no problem, they ordered new rear leafs & shocks but not doing anything about the front end?? It is a non - TRD, should there be an alignment at least?