Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question on 5100s w/ Eibach Springs

Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Question on 5100s w/ Eibach Springs

I ordered my Eibach lift springs with 5100s set at .85".

When redz and silver07taco went to install them they saw a problem with my coils hitting my sway bar. They also thought that U-bolts were too short to be used with my TSB AAL. So they said go buy a sway bar relocation plate and longer U-bolts.

When I called ToyTec they said that I didn't need either. That the coils would fit just fine and that my stock U-bolts were long enough.

What does everyone think?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
You're supposed to set the billys to 0" of lift...the stock setting.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
i think its all a bunch of crap .. i am setting mine at .85 next week .. i have had them at 0 and want some more .. you can set them at .85 or 0 but no more .. and also for the rear the tsb comes with new ubolts..
The rear TSB AAL didn't come with new U-bolts for me.

I'm asking if I need new U-bolts and if I need a sway bar relocation plate.

I know that it is safe to set my billys at .85".
Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
answer is NO.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
answer is NO.
Do you have experience with this specific kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Actually you may need to do the sway bar relocator. I had the same issues originally. Put them on and viola' no problems. When I installed my TSB's/plus AAL I also had to use longer u bolts. I got them from TruckSprings.com
So you thought you might rub the sway bar but you ended up not?

You got the TSB spring and an AAL spring? I'm just getting one spring, the AAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
sucks on not getting new ubolts with your tsb..... yeh grab some longer u bolts.. and sway bar relocate is cheap so get it if u want it or just take it off no biggie.. .. and get this thing done lol
If I got both parts, with shipping it's close to $100. I really want to get it done but rather not spend the money if I don't have to.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Nick got a lift! Who is gonna take pics if you are driving your truck at Rausch?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have 1.6" Eibach's, the 0.5" Toytec top plate spacer, and 5100's set at 0". Even though this setup technically should give me 2.375" of lift, it actually only gave me 2". The front is a hair higher than my rear TSB. My sway bar does not rub. However, my UCA's do hit the coil at full stretch.

I'm getting 285's tomorrow, so next week I'm calling in sick a day and bumping my 5100's up to 0.85" which should put me up in the 2.75"-3" range. I also am adding a Wheeler's Off Road 1.5" AAL and a 2* shim. I had about 0.5" of thread showing at the bottom of my u-bolts. This would have been enough for the 0.375" thick leaf. It is not enough for the leaf and shim though so I have some new u-bolts coming too.

Now of course I'm going to need UCA's too. Oh, the death spiral of modifications.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I did rub the coils so my relocate was necessary. Oh, no. When I did the AAL on stock springs, I DID NOT need longer bolts.
Okay so I do need a sway bar relocate plate.

But I DON'T have the TSB spring. I only have the TSB AAL. So I don't need new U-bolts, or I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Nick got a lift! Who is gonna take pics if you are driving your truck at Rausch?
I might do a green trail or two but it's still mostly a sand and snow truck. Not too into bashing a $20K truck on rocks and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBoy View Post
I have 1.6" Eibach's, the 0.5" Toytec top plate spacer, and 5100's set at 0". Even though this setup technically should give me 2.375" of lift, it actually only gave me 2". The front is a hair higher than my rear TSB. My sway bar does not rub. However, my UCA's do hit the coil at full stretch.

I'm getting 285's tomorrow, so next week I'm calling in sick a day and bumping my 5100's up to 0.85" which should put me up in the 2.75"-3" range. I also am adding a Wheeler's Off Road 1.5" AAL and a 2* shim. I had about 0.5" of thread showing at the bottom of my u-bolts. This would have been enough for the 0.375" thick leaf. It is not enough for the leaf and shim though so I have some new u-bolts coming too.
I DON'T have the TSB spring. I only have the TSB AAL from ToyTec. Are you saying that you think I do need new U-bolts?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nick look under your truck at your u-bolts the u-bolts dont even come out the bottom of the bolt. I dont care what anyone has to say be safe and spend a little extra money.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Nick look under your truck at your u-bolts the u-bolts dont even come out the bottom of the bolt. I dont care what anyone has to say be safe and spend a little extra money.
I don't have a problem spending the extra money. Redz told me to post the question so I did. $100 bucks is $100 bucks though so I wanted to make sure I need it. I didn't realize my U-bolts were that short. I was so pissed I didn't have all the parts I needed I just took your word for it.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I don't have a problem spending the extra money. Redz told me to post the question so I did. $100 bucks is $100 bucks though so I wanted to make sure I need it. I didn't realize my U-bolts were that short. I was so pissed I didn't have all the parts I needed I just took your word for it.
Right on
Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I DON'T have the TSB spring. I only have the TSB AAL from ToyTec. Are you saying that you think I do need new U-bolts?
As long as you've torqued it properly and you have threads showing past the nuts, you're good. If you're adding something like a leaf (about 3/8" thick), you're going to want like a 1/2" of threads showing pre install.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Front should be good to go with the sway bar and your coils. No need for the relocation bracket.

Dont know about the leaf springs because I don't feel like thinking right now.

Im not far from Cornell, let me know if you need help. I have the eibachs at .85 btw.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #16
seth22 is on a distinguished road
seth22's Tacoma Gallery
I just Installed this same setup and i didn't use the relocation bracket or longer u bolts. My truck rides fine.