Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Possible LSD Issue

Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Possible LSD Issue

So i changed my Diff. fluid along with all the other recommened stuff for my 30k mile mark.

While driving through the snow i notice i would get wheel hop when i would lose and gain traction, doesnt happen on asphalt on any solid surface just in the snow. Any ideas?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Did you use the proper diff oil with friction modifier in it?

If Yes.....

Take the truck to an empty parking lot. Do some TIGHT 8 CIRCLES in both directions for several laps (so to speak). This will help work the new oil & friction modifier into the clutch paks of the LSD and help ensure work properly.

The friction modifier is what allows the LSD to SLIP. If you don't have the friction modifier in there - the diff / clutch paks become GRABBY. THat's why it hops & bucks. You need to get the friction modifier worked into the clutch paks.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
thanks janster ill try it out