1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Dakar with stock suspension?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sostarn, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    sostarn

sostarn [OP] Member

Member:
    Newmarket, Ont. Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    AFE Filter, Leer CAP
    Hi there,

This might be foolish, but can anybody explain to me the implications other than having a really jacked up ass-end? I am planning to eventually buy the Toytec ultimate lift kit but i want to address my sag issue with hooking up to a 5000 lbs trailer. Can i install a OME dakar with stock components? Do i have to worry about the carrier?

How bad will it look (2.5" i believe) ? I've read i can remove a leaf in order to lower it slightly. My immediate goal is to fix my load carrying capacity and hauling a trailer. I will tackle the lift at a later date.

I was thinking an AAL but I'm afraid I would then eventually be revisiting getting a whole new leaf pack down the road so i figured i'd do it right the first time.

Thanks for the assistance.

2. Feb 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    it'll look like a ford....nuff said...lol

3. Feb 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    sostarn

sostarn [OP] Member

Member:
    Newmarket, Ont. Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    AFE Filter, Leer CAP
    I figured...

4. Feb 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    check into some firestone ride rite air bags, they are great. I wouldn't put the dakkars on with out the front lift, but if you eventually lift the front then you will have the same problem when towing your trailer.

5. Feb 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    also look into timbren bumpstops for the rear.

6. Feb 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    azTRD

azTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm sure it will look funny jacked up in the rear, but it is for sure the best way to go if your planning on doing some hauling. You can remove the third leaf out of the Dakar's, which will lower the overall height, but I don't know how much this will effect the towing capacity. The Dakar springs are great for towing and I highly recommend them.

IMO OME has a great all around setup for the non-hard core off-roader. I love my rear OME setup enough that I'm actually switching my front ICON's out to replace them with OME. The ICON's are too stiff for my needs and will require a rebuild every couple of years, which I don't want to deal with.

7. Feb 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    I have got the dakar in the reat with 886 coils AND a 1/2" spacer up front, and she still sits high in the rear. If you put on a dakar with stock front, it will look like someone kicked your truck in the ass. I mean it will be VERY funny looking.

Also, I am not sure if your rear stock bilstiens can extend enough to reach with the dakar

Products Discussed in

To Top