Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Who has a Dakar (8) leaf spring pack???

Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Question Who has a Dakar (8) leaf spring pack???

Just looking to see who has a Dakar (8) Leaf pack on their truck so I can ask some questions.

If I added a Dakar leaf pack. (they say it adds about 2.5 inches) and put front coilovers on and set them at 2.5 inches, would that mean it would stay about the same stock rake just 2.5 inches higher???? I don't know the theory behind lifts.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Eesh ,

I asked basically the same question , have a look through the thread it may answer some of your questions

OZ

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...de-height.html
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Question

This kind of confused me a little more. lol.

My current set up from the middle of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare is

21.5 in the rear
20 in the front

So now I'm left with 3 Questions.......

1) If I get a Dakar Leaf pack with 2.75 inches of lift what would I have to set my front coilovers at so the rear would still be 1.5 inches higher??

2) I currently have the tsb leaf springs does anyone know how much lift they give?

3) Also how much do the factory front shocks give?
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Eesh ,

somewhat confusing yes , but here's what I have figured out about this issue ;

2) most on this site have reported an increase of 1" over stock height when getting the leaf spring TSB done , some say less , but they will settle to approx 3/4" over non-TSB 'stock'

1) with the above in mind , the Dakar pack would lift you approx 2" above where you are now , so if you are happy with your current rake , you would need the front to go up the same 2" - 2 1/2" to retain your existing rake

3) don't really understand this question

My stock suspension 2009 Canadian ( TSB , 4 leaf pack ) Doublecab longbox Sport ,currently sits at 22" middle of hub to bottom of fender in the rear , and 20 1/2 " in the front .

This Dakar question was preventing me from deciding on my lift choice as well , so I also asked members for their ride heights with the Dakars installed here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...asurement.html

Another option is to remove the third leaf from the Dakars which decreases the lift of the rear by 3/4" .

Hope this helps ,

OZ
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
I've been hearing that the Dakar leaf pack is 2.5 - 2.75
Old 02-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Eesh ,

the Dakar pack is rated to give 2.5"-2.75" of lift above stock . If the TSB springs have already lifted you 3/4 " above 'stock' replacing them with Dakars would result in an increase of approx 2" above your current height . Most of the guys responding to my 2nd thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...asurement.html were reporting 24 " from centre of hub to bottom of fender which is 2" above my rear measurement and 2 1/2 " above the measurement you gave for your truck .

OZ