Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Reputable/affordable shop in D/FW area?

Old 04-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Reputable/affordable shop in D/FW area?

I just ordered the 3" spacer lift from Toytec, but don't have the tools to install it myself. Anybody know of a shop in the area that I can trust to install the lift?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I am not familiar with the area as far as shops go but I just installed mine the other day without ever having worked on a Tacoma. You would need some metric sockets up to 22 mm and you can borrow the spring compressor from autozone are a parts house mine cost me $43 and when you bring it back you get your money. You only need the compressor if you replace the springs or purchased the spacer that goes on top of the spring. You and a buddy could get it done in a matter of an afternoon. The shops will want to charge you atlest 400 to install the lift. Maybe you take the parts off and pay a shop to compress the springs and put on the spacer or new coils. Just a thought. Good luck sorry I couldn't help.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've never installed a lift, but I thought you were supposed to get an alignment afterwards.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
You sure are. But most of the time after installing a lift we end up putting new rims and tires on so I would just wait to do it when you put on the new tires since your vehicle needs to be aligned anyway. Driving it without it being alined will only wear out your tires prematurely. Not a big deal if you are going to be changing them out. I wouldn't take any 1000 mile trips but for work and back or around town it should be fine. Thats what I'm doing with mine at the moment.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #5
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I just ordered the 3" spacer lift from Toytec, but don't have the tools to install it myself. Anybody know of a shop in the area that I can trust to install the lift?
4 wheel parts near dfw airport