Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RoadMaster Active Suspension system

Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
huiakikiki is on a distinguished road
huiakikiki's Tacoma Gallery

I want to share with you a product that I really like. (I don't sell them, I don't get anything for recommeding them either.)
These mount on rear leaf springs. Besides improving the load handling they also remove the body roll as you scoot through a turn.

I had these on my í05 Taco Access Cab. Itís a 4 bangger so that means it doesnít have the handling you Prerunners do. But it makes a awesome difference in the handling.

We sat a 800 pound storage shed still in its box in the rear. The nose of the truck didnít pop up; the rear did not sit down on its butt. My truck handled better with the load than it did without it. I recently replaced the rear shocks with Monroe Heavy Dutyís. Naturally, the rear bounce is gone, but it helped the RoadMasters too.

My brother has a í99 Dakota. Its got rear leaf springs too. He had them on his and told me about them. I noticed how his handled so I gave them a shot.

I just bought a í10 Access Cab (another 4 cyl), and spent the afternoon moving the system to the new truck. The truckís only got 20 miles on it, and I have already modíd the rear springs. Thatís probably going to make the dealership really happy first time they see them, but so what its worth it.

I bought these at J.C. Whitney. I waited until they had a 20% off sale and free shipping. I had to pay an extra $19 because the fall into the heavy item category. I think they were about $300 retail. With the discount they fell to about $240 or so.

The company is in N.C. Hereís a link to their web http://www.activesuspension.com/
Iíve had good experience with the company talked to them a couple of times. They might do a group buy. Would be well worth it. Helps rear wheel hop too. These things make my Taco corner like my Honda civic.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
huiakikiki is on a distinguished road
huiakikiki's Tacoma Gallery
Active Suspension

Aloha,

I live in Kaneohe. Near Temply Valley.

You?