Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

dakar lead springs, 1st gen

Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
dakar lead springs, 1st gen

I have a few questions about the OME dakar leaf pack for first gens (http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm under rear lift options). First, since I have an AAL and 1'' shackle lift would the 2.25'' of lift the leaf pack provides equal out to about the same height?
Second, it says it requires the shackel bushings. would I need these since I have the aftermarket shackles?
Third, How much better would the ride be compared to the setup I have now?
thanks in advance
Old 02-19-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
NewHere
PacNWgen1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
PacNWgen1's Tacoma Gallery
Wondering the same thing.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
2.25" rear lift on a 1st gen is a lot... you will be fine... would be comparable to AAL and shackles...

as for the bushings, run their bushings so you can sell your shackles a lil faster...
Old 02-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok I just wanted to make sure it would be comparable because I have billy 5125s that are custom to the lift I havew in the rear right now. how about the ride quality?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #7

I cant remember really. My mom threw away all my reciepts from my filing cabinet (empty fish tank full of papers) so i cant see. I want to say like 34'' a and 35'' or something like that but thats almost an entire guess. Id have to ask 4wheel parts if they still have it on file.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

34" extended is like a 14" travel shock... that won't even fit under the truck unless you have your shocks coming through the bed.. haha...

it should be an 8.5" travel shock...

stock would be 6.5", basic lift 8" or 8.5", shock relocation 10", long travel 12", 14", 16" or 18" depending on the configuration of the shock hoops and axle mounts...
Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #9

yup. gotta love talking out my ass! maybe it was 8.5 and 9. I know they are two different lengths (suggested by down south).
Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #11

hell I wish I was drinking, instead iv just been waking up at 4:30 for work every day. nothing better to make your day than a "store moral" meeting at 6 in the morning at the home depot!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #12

but back on topic. Is the ride going to be better. will it be worth the $350
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
LT Chase Truck

i hear the Dakar leaf packs are a good ride...

im running Deaver J59s and am partial to those, but they are a couple bills more...

but for the price, the dakars should be worth it as a full leaf pack will ride better than AALs if you tune them right...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #14

I was looking at the dakars because I haul stuff regularly and wanted the overload springs
Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #15
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandercole View Post
hell I wish I was drinking, instead iv just been waking up at 4:30 for work every day. nothing better to make your day than a "store moral" meeting at 6 in the morning at the home depot!

Yes, Home Depot sucks to work for. Lots of hype and then multiple shaftings. Hopefully you have moved on from there by now.