1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stock bilstiens

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rocktoy09, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Feb 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    rocktoy09

rocktoy09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Cresco, IA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Off Road TRD
    cold air intake
    curious, but has anyone ever suspected that their bilstiens have gone bad prematurely? I've got an 09 TRD double cab and my rear suspension seems to "bounce" or shutter after even small bumps. This is at slow speed (20 - 25mph) I have upgraded my tires from stock to 265/75/16 BFG TA's which I know are heavier, but that was only 2000 miles ago. It is annoying as hell. I have not had the spring TSB done, but I don't think that is the reason. I drive 1 mile to work (all in town) and likely don't have the spring really come into action. I was under the truck last night and it just seemed way too easy to push up and pull down on the bumper. Any thoughts anyone????

Regarding my dealership, I've been trying to emphasize that I'm not making this up. you all know how you become so aware of your vehicle that when something changes you know. I've been trying to explain that so they don't think I'm looking for a freebie. I just want my truck to be right.

2. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    WPTaco

WPTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nige
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    19 D.cab OR, 6 speed, Cavalry blue
    Southern styles bumper and sliders, 6112 lift, OTT tune, pro grill
    I think it could be helped by having the TSB done. I drive 95% on road and have a couple of 'dips' that I drive over a couple of times a day and before I had the TSB done (and added 5100's) the rear bounced alot with no load and would almost bottom out if I had anything heavy in the back. Now it has a firm compression and no bouncing after driving through these dips and bumps in the road. Hope this helps:)

3. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    rocktoy09

rocktoy09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Cresco, IA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Off Road TRD
    cold air intake
    that helps a lot. I really think I should get the 5100's. Your description seems a lot like what I am experiencing. thanks much

4. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    rocktoy09

rocktoy09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Cresco, IA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Off Road TRD
    cold air intake
    can I ask where you got your 5100's?

5. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    DLR07

DLR07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Tampa
    pretty much stock, very minor upgrades plus tires
  6. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    you can get them from toytec

7. Feb 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    WPTaco

WPTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nige
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    19 D.cab OR, 6 speed, Cavalry blue
    Southern styles bumper and sliders, 6112 lift, OTT tune, pro grill

No problem, after re reading your 1st post it is almost exactly the same thing I had happening. 20- 40mph dips and bumps had the back wollowing around like the shocks had jello in them:D I called a dealership and told them that when I carry loads and tow that it would bottom out (which was true) and they ordered the parts and put them on 2 days later with no issues. I would recommend doing a search on TW and printing off the TSB so they know that you are well informed about this issue. Good luck with this.

PS I got the 5100's from Downsouth Motorsports who were very good to deal with and give us a discount off the listed price!

Products Discussed in

To Top