1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When should I get the alignment done

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by doodle_cakes, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    I'm throwing a readylift kit on my 5lugger, along with bilstien struts and procomp es3000s. I will probably upgrade to larger BFG ATs after the lift is on.

Do I need to wait to get the new tires on before the alignment?

2. Feb 20, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    do the alignment after all the lift is installed. tire size shouldnt affect the alignment

3. Feb 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    bluecluee

bluecluee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD OR Timberland Mica
    5100's Set at 1.75
    Check out Firestone for the alignment. I just got Lifetime Alignments for $140. Great deal if you plan to wheel.

4. Feb 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^That.

Life time alignment is a great deal. Tires may mean you need to change the alignment a bit- Your current tires are worn right now- Fresh tires may not sit the suspension the same way. SOOO-The lifetime alignment means you can get it aligned now and again after the tires- and by then the extra money paid for the lifetime will be recovered- and every alingment after that...IS FREE!!!

5. Feb 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Even if you roll off road and bump and crank a cam bolt out do u still get the free alignment b/c it was your fault? I just mezt up my alignment the otherday... it's the 4th time!!!

6. Feb 21, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    Trauma85

Trauma85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra
    Do the alignment after your new tires... bigger tires change the SAI spec, depending on how much bigger the new tires are. Try and do the lift and tires at the same time.

7. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    Yea after the tires....bigger tires will affect the alignment...soo I with Trauma

8. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    bluecluee

bluecluee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD OR Timberland Mica
    5100's Set at 1.75
    They didn't seem to care at Firestone why I needed the alignment. The paperwork doesn't really list any exceptions to the lifetime deal. I had my 5100's installed in the front and rear and needed an alignment so I purchased the lifetime deal.

9. Feb 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you need parts or repairs to make your truck align-able- That stuff isn't covered.
    But I took my truck in 3 times in about 9 days. Got it done day before I started my lift, about 5 days after my lift to fix a tire squeal issue, and then about 3 days after that again (after some more adjustments).

They didn't say word one about it. The paperwork recommends every 6 months of 5K miles I think- but they haven't ever tried to turn me away for either car....

Products Discussed in

To Top