Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5 lugger lift

Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
5 lugger lift

i got a 1997 tacoma lx 5 lugger 4 clynder.. i want to add 2.5- 3 in lift, i dont care how... spacers, suspension, anything... but when i look for some i only find rear end lift, and then front end lift only???

can someone find me a combination for front end lift and rear end so i can get a 2.5 - 3 in lift so i can look level.

much appreciated
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ty, is it possible i buy front end lift , seperate from rear end ?

i see those and it seems cheaper, although i couldnt find a price on the fabtech site
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/...eq/tf=sku.html
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #5

nelson ty alot thats exactly what i am looking for ... from that website i chose this one

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/...ml?id=bV6GPot9

my question is .. it says select rear shocks, rear lift, front shocks... do i just need rear and front shocks to lift it? or do i need rear lift as well? ....

if i need all 3 why do i need only a rear lift not a front one! thanks alot
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

from that lift you selected the 3" spindle is the front lift. then below you have the drop down boxes to choose extra stuff to go along with it. to lift the back you will need the AAL (add-a-leaf) and the longer rear shocks. it prob wouldn't hurt to replace the front shocks either if you got the extra $90.

if you can wait i'd say save up some more $ and get either the full 6" kit or the control arm and coil kit. those are better lifts but of coure more $$$.

you can get the control arm kit and then later on get the spindle kit and add it to the control arm kit and then you'll have the full 6" or you can go with spindle kit (the one you posted the link to" and then later down the road get the control arm and coil kit.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
Acill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really nice

Navy: Chief Gunners Mate
Name: Paul
Acill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acill Send a message via AIM to Acill Send a message via Yahoo to Acill
Why cant I find a kit like this for the gen 2 5 luggers? The ready lift if nice, but a complete one like this would be so much better.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Why cant I find a kit like this for the gen 2 5 luggers? The ready lift if nice, but a complete one like this would be so much better.
Agreed, but so far I don't think anyone has made a spindle type lift for the 2nd gen 5 luggers. Your choices are spacers (Readylift, Fat Bob's), TC UCA mid travel (requires SAW or Icon coilovers), or TC long travel ($$$). That seems to be about it.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Agreed, but so far I don't think anyone has made a spindle type lift for the 2nd gen 5 luggers. Your choices are spacers (Readylift, Fat Bob's), TC UCA mid travel (requires SAW or Icon coilovers), or TC long travel ($$$). That seems to be about it.
yup, not much 2nd gen 5 lug after market support out there...