Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME lift question

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift question

Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of getting this suspension kit for my Double cab 4x4 (2009):
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Looks like it is not adjustable.....
Will I have to use new Upper control arms?

I'm really looking to lift my truck 3"

Any other suggestions?
I've read and searched until my head is SPINNING!!!!

Thanks
Donald
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
You're correct, it's not adjustable. I have the same kit minus the rear shocks and didn't get UCAs...truck wanders a bit in the lane but it's not bad.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
BUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt
Name: Anthony
BUB_IROC_Z's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the same kit but I bought the OME new leaf spring kit as well. The truck looks mean as hell. It is not an adjustable kit. Your stock control arms are fine. I do recommend if you put it on get the carrier bearing drop kit or just make your own. It is not adjustable but it rides great. You will need a wheel alignment after you install it. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Just put OME on the front end. I went with LR UCA's from fatbobsgarage.com for $379. It is a great kit
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
good kit! with the 885's u won't need the lift enhancers. u will get 3" of lift from the coils by themselves. I would suggest getting the lift then see how it drives after the alignment and make your own decision as to if you want to get the new Uca's. I got them because my truck wandered and it drove me nuts! and no its not adjustable.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
I have the full OME setup on my truck (same as yours but with the dakars) and love it. I have stock UCA as well. You can see details as well as post lift thoughts on my build thread. Good luck
Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
barlowrs, do you use the spacers? or coils only?

nevermind...should have read your build first lol
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^are you a 4x4 or prerunner?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
my truck is a 4x4

Im starting to lean toward the Toytec adjustable coil overs.... I'm running stock wheels and tires for a while, and I don't want to step up to 3" of lift without bigger tires.

Any thoughts on running the toytec adjustable kit and an aal in the rears????

Thanks
Donald
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
Dirty Trucker

toytec's are cool. they are a p.i.t.a. to adjust though
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
this is what i just put on...everyone is right...wanders a bit with oem ucas but not terrible...ride is great...full 3"...and your alignment will be off until you get ucas