Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TSB is good for you!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Mike07 is on a distinguished road
Mike07's Tacoma Gallery
Talking TSB is good for you!

For those of you who have not gone in for the rear leaf spring TSB, DO IT! I just got my '07 TRD Sport back and I could not be happier. It has a super stout ride and it gives you a significant lift. I went to Jones Toyota here in Bel Air, Maryland and my TSB went problem free. I did call the 1-800-331-4331 Toyota number and they gave me a case number for my TSB. So when I went to Jones I gave them the case number and I was good to go. Also they may want to test your truck to make sure it is bottoming out. I just complained enough, in a nice way of course, and they put the parts on. The minimal complaining required is totally worth it, I am so happy with the truck and Toyota, based on my experience, are very friendly to deal with. After all who wants to spend $25K+ for a TRD tuned truck and have it bottom out towing a couch. Good Luck to all who have not gone in for the rear leaf TSB.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to tell you but the rear will settle back to within centimeters of stock height.

But the trucks do drive and perform better with them. I am definitly glad that I had the TSB done because I've been doing a lot of heavy moving in the last month or so.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
muclhed is on a distinguished road

muclhed's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get them to do the TSB on your truck?????

I have a 2007 TRD Sport and the TSB that I got off this site says 05-06

You got it done on an 07?? do you have a copy of the revised TSB???
Old 04-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muclhed View Post
How did you get them to do the TSB on your truck?????

I have a 2007 TRD Sport and the TSB that I got off this site says 05-06

You got it done on an 07?? do you have a copy of the revised TSB???
05-07 version is attached to this rear spring TSB post.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Mike07 is on a distinguished road
Mike07's Tacoma Gallery
Even though it says 05-06 it covers 07 and 08. That's what the guy at Toyota customer service told me. And the people at my dealership knew that too, because I just had the 05-06 version. I didn't know there was a newer version. That's cool. Good Luck.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure 08's are actually covered. I know they have been doing a few 08's. I have an '08 with the 3 leafs, and while I havn't towed anything yet (only at 850 miles), I want to get it done because I know come summer time, its gonna be, everyone cram into the truck, through the gear in the back, and go time, so I don't want to worry about it.

Although I have been looking at the dakar leafs. If I went to the Dakar's, do they make a spring pack that would maintain stock ride height (or close to it) with increased load capacity? Or, am I better off getting the TSB. I really dont plan on off roading it much, the occasional fire road, or trail to get to the cabin etc. I'm looking for the ability to tow. I plan on building a house in the not tooo distant future, and I want to be able to hook a trailer up to the truck, and haul wood/whatever without worrying.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to give my 08 till the end of the summer and if it starts riding rough under a load I am going to start talking to my dealer's service department.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
muclhed is on a distinguished road

muclhed's Tacoma Gallery
Ride Height??

I appreciate the reply's.....I will call customer service before I go to the dealer so I have amo just in case

does it really change the rear ride height over an inch??????????????

I have 20's on my truck......kinda makes me worried what the thing will look like??

Anyone got pictures of there taco that has it done?? Does it make a huge visual difference???

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
hymus is on a distinguished road
hymus's Tacoma Gallery
TSB For TRD Suspension

I took my truck in to the dealer for service and when the service manager noticed that I actually use my truck bed he prompted me with quesitons on if I had noticed it bottoming out or having poor handling with a load in it. Once I figured out that he was trying to get a yes out of me, he informed me of the TRD suspension available for my 06' 4x4 via the TSB!! I was excited until he called me back later that day and said my claim was denied since my truck didn't actually exhibit a malfunction. Basically what he told me is I have to wait until a shock fails to get the TSB suspension upgrade. Has anyone else run in to this and been able to work around it?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know why all of us who drive 05's and didn't get an extended warranty cannot get any of the tsb's done. I took a laundry list of tsb's to my dealer and they just laughed at me and said that trucks' out of warranty.