1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumpstops???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sandman427, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i know huh... as long as u guys tell me what my limitations are and i dont role the truck lol.... but my like i said my main concern is bottoming out too.... i dont want to damage my kings just cuz i took it on dirt lol..

2. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I doubt the kings will get damaged even with stock bumps. I want these aftermarket ones soo bad but I'm skeptic on doing that fab work to my frame.

3. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    dont worry about the Kings...

hell, i stuffed my truck and didnt affect my shocks...

[​IMG]

4. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    thats why you roll on over to the shop and have it done right...

;)

5. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I'm not worried about that. I just worry about if I happen to sell the truck later.

6. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    gotta point there...

showoff... lol
    y the hell would u sell the truck lol..??

7. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

I have those spindle gussets... :)

8. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    So what's the deal with thee gussets, you just weld them to the stock spindles and it reinforces them?

9. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    makes them stronger right...???

10. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:35 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    ay mike if u can email that pic with the four pics of the jump.... the one u just posted.... i wanna make it my back round lol....!!! or any other pic haha...

11. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:35 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Yep. Those are the Total Chaos ones. Well they look like the Total Chaos ones. Mike might have custom fabbed his. But yes, they just reinforce the rather weak stock spindles.

12. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    yah, it makes the spindle stronger... they weld right up to it...

whats your email addy?

13. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I would sell to get a new one. But as of tight now I plan on keeping it.

14. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    dont laugh lol... its kingsandman427@yahoo.com... lol

15. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    y tho...??? or cuz u wanna go 4x4 huh...?? lol

16. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    My plan: keep my taco as a mid travel setup and lt it once it's paid off go LT. then I'll buy myself a New civic dd or something. Something cheap and gas efficient.

17. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    good idea.. lol... the mid travel aint bad... although saying my truck is long traveled is bad ass... lol

18. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I know wht you mean man. I see lt trucks at school and I'm always watching YouTube videos on lt trucks hitting up the desert and it makes me orgasm. And although it's possible for me to lt my truck, it's just not practical. In only has 10k miles on it, it's not paid off, and my wife and I still wann travel around the world. Once I take care of my priorities and get into a career, then I'll start looking into doing it. Amir, you spent ALOT of money on your truck in mods, why not just go LT?

19. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Nice. I gotta get me some of those too. I would hate for my truck to end up like yours at holy Jim. :O

20. Feb 27, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    yup... for me as well its not practical... cuz i wanna go long travel... but i want to do the rear too... but it will defeat the purpose of me buying a truck ya know... although u can just do the front... and all... but we will see... but then i have to sell my shit and take it apart and its to much of a hassle with school and all...

Products Discussed in

To Top