Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

do i need an alignment

Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
do i need an alignment

i'm thinking about putting a leveling kit on my 07, and i'm wondering if by just putting the strut extenders will throw off the alignment a little. if so, i need to do if within a week so that when i get the leaf spring tsb done next weekend, i get the free alignment.
thanks for any imput
Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Just get everything done first and then get the alignment when it's all said and done. I don't know what strut extenders are, but I think you mean spacers for your coils, correct?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, sorry about the mix-up, i meant coil spacers. so you think that the spacers will tilt the tires enough to make them wear wrong? or do you think it would be more of a steering/vibration issue?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
All I added was a 1.25" spacer and my camber was out of spec so I recommend the alignment. Although out of spec may not be bad its one less thing to worry about.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
yeah, sorry about the mix-up, i meant coil spacers. so you think that the spacers will tilt the tires enough to make them wear wrong? or do you think it would be more of a steering/vibration issue?
i added 2.5" spacers that went above the coils and above the top mount and mine was off a lil bit. i drove around a month or so w/o an alignment, but i could tell it was sitting a little off. after the alignment everything is peachy
Old 04-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #6

thanks for all of the help guys. i gues that leads me to my next question. do i need a full alignment, or just one specific area (i.e. caster). and what is a good price for one.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
thanks for all of the help guys. i gues that leads me to my next question. do i need a full alignment, or just one specific area (i.e. caster). and what is a good price for one.
u'll need a full front alignment. i'm sure that once they get tweaking one thing, its going to throw another out of whack. i think mine was done at the stealer for $65 or so