Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

RCD Suspension kit, good buy or not so good?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
RCD Suspension kit, good buy or not so good?

Just emailed RCD suspension and even though their website is not updated their new kit for toyota tacoma is also available for the 2010 tacoma. I dont remember if it does or doesnt say its for the vsc on the website but the guy assures me that it is capable for the vsc ... just curious as to if anybody has purchased it yet and if it is good because i know its new and doesnt have good reputation yet so if anybody has let me know please thank you
Old 03-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man I was gonna go with the RCD lift, but after talking to the guys at 4wheelparts.com they have been having problems with these lifts he even took me back to the shop to show me 3 trucks getting worked on due lack of quality on the RCD lift itself, so I walked out of there with a 6 inch Pro Comp lift and new wheels and tires, man those guys cut one hell of a deal for me. But this is just me talking not the manufacturer of the lift.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard from other retailers that they like the kit and think it is pretty good quality. I have never talked to anyone that actually has the lift, so I can't give you too great of an answer.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
i understand its kind of new but it was between rcd and procomp but seeing how you got a great deal on alll that stuff i might have to go with pro comp ... 4wheelparts actually has a shop? where is it at?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
they have several locations, check out their website
Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike686 View Post
i understand its kind of new but it was between rcd and procomp but seeing how you got a great deal on alll that stuff i might have to go with pro comp ... 4wheelparts actually has a shop? where is it at?

what state are you in, I have never heard of Waldrof, but ya they have shops at just about every store location.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #7

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
waldorf is a tiny ass city in southern maryland .. i searched the store ive been there before and their nearest store to me is either the ohio office or north carolina office but im pretty much sold now for the pro comp stage 2
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there having like a good deal on those right now I think its even free install on the big lifts on that right now
Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt the Pro-Comp lift is better quality than the RCD. The RCD Suspensions setup is much better. Using Long 5100s in the front instead of stock shocks with a big spacer.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Hey man I was gonna go with the RCD lift, but after talking to the guys at 4wheelparts.com they have been having problems with these lifts he even took me back to the shop to show me 3 trucks getting worked on due lack of quality on the RCD lift itself, so I walked out of there with a 6 inch Pro Comp lift and new wheels and tires, man those guys cut one hell of a deal for me. But this is just me talking not the manufacturer of the lift.
What kind of issues were they having that needed "working on"??
Old 03-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What kind of issues were they having that needed "working on"??
The kind where they can pull more profit by selling procomp than selling RCD
Old 03-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
akyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
akyota's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home from the tire/lift shop here and they quoted me like $6600 for RCD 6" and Tires & rims!!!! Thats a freaking lot of money...
Old 03-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
The odds of 4wheelparts having 3 trucks in there shop with RCD lifts seems pretty unreal, just for the fact that RCD is not even in there product line. RCD does not and probably never will sell to 4wheelparts. TransAmerica owns 4wheelparts who intern owns ProComp so they will always push Procomp over other brands. And how do I know this you may ask? TransAmerica was one of my suppliers when I owned my shop.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #14

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
agreed that is a bit odd if that would actually happen
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #15
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
After having my RCD kit on for 4 days I can honestly say that anybody that says this kit is crap obviously has not driven a tacoma with one on or ever seen one being installed. The only thing procomp or fabtech offers is about an 1.5 inch higher height and an option to run 35's that will probably rub. I have ridden in several tacos with 6 inches on them and the ride was 10 times stiffer than my RCD kit. Maybe that's good for some terrainand driving styles, but for me the RCD was definately the best way to go. The cheapest too.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
After having my RCD kit on for 4 days I can honestly say that anybody that says this kit is crap obviously has not driven a tacoma with one on or ever seen one being installed. The only thing procomp or fabtech offers is about an 1.5 inch higher height and an option to run 35's that will probably rub. I have ridden in several tacos with 6 inches on them and the ride was 10 times stiffer than my RCD kit. Maybe that's good for some terrainand driving styles, but for me the RCD was definately the best way to go. The cheapest too.
x2
Old 06-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to go to a 4inch rcd lift then i found this thread.how much do they charge for the kit and the install?thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #18
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thToy View Post
The odds of 4wheelparts having 3 trucks in there shop with RCD lifts seems pretty unreal, just for the fact that RCD is not even in there product line. RCD does not and probably never will sell to 4wheelparts. TransAmerica owns 4wheelparts who intern owns ProComp so they will always push Procomp over other brands. And how do I know this you may ask? TransAmerica was one of my suppliers when I owned my shop.
+1, Did 4wheelparts (who are known for not knowing their shit) elaborate on what in particular is wrong with the RCD kit?

I personally wouldn't let 4wheelparts within 20 miles of my truck after reading about the experiences on this board.

EDIT: Damnit i just realized this is a bumped thread from 3 months ago.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #19

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Nah its all good man all i know from them is that they didnt like how it was a true bolt on lift or whatever idk, i ended up with a Toytec ULK and will end up doing a procomp 6" next year just figuring what i want to do, hope this helps with making your decision, i havent personally heard anything bad about them
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #20
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
Trying to go to a 4inch rcd lift then i found this thread.how much do they charge for the kit and the install?thanks.
wheeler's Offroad sells them for $1799 plus shipping your're on the hook for the install though, I was quoted between $800 and $900 install