Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Installation Cost

Old 04-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
AL417 is on a distinguished road
AL417's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Installation Cost

I've been thinking about getting the 5100's all the way around. I am not equipped on any level to install these myself. Could you guys give me some help on what a fair install cost should be?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
All you need is a jack, hand tools and some free time.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:55 AM   #3
AL417's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply but as I said unfortunately I'm not equipped to do this.
Still would like to hear pricing input from y'all.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had your rear TSB done?

I've heard of people giving the dealer the 5100s and having them install them while doing the rear leaf TSB. Plus you get a free alignment afterwards.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i would estimate around $250, maybe more
Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
That bad huh? Hell thats only $10 less than what You pay for all four 5100s.

If I was you I would do it myself. Maybe find somebody from here or another Toyota forum that would be willing to come over and lend a hand?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Now theres a DIY thread that needs to be made, Installing your own suspension, whether it be Bilsteins, or any other shock, next time someone from this forum does it they need some pics and step by step instructions for people!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
That bad huh? Hell thats only $10 less than what You pay for all four 5100s.

If I was you I would do it myself. Maybe find somebody from here or another Toyota forum that would be willing to come over and lend a hand?
i originally planned on doing it all myself but after playing around with it for a while realized i didnt have allthe tools and was running out of time so i just took it in. they charged me around 125 for the front two. afterwards the guy was like "i wish i didnt tell you $125 cause you're truck was suppose to be more than that but its too late now, i already quoted you" so if itwas suppose to be higher than $125 for the front, then add the back, i'm gussing around $250. hell, alot of places are charging $600 just to put a toytec lift in with an AAL. that kind of work is usually expensive
Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
AL417's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Have you had your rear TSB done?

I've heard of people giving the dealer the 5100s and having them install them while doing the rear leaf TSB. Plus you get a free alignment afterwards.
Yes, I have the TSB done already. I wish I would have gotten them before the TSB, hindsight is always 20/20.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
That was my cost, $250, installing all 4 and including the alignment. This should also be no more than maybe 3.5 hours shop time including the alignment. I might have saved some money renting the tools and trying it myself. But I could have just as easily hurt myself with a spring coming loose and lost several work days or an eye. I've learned that some things are worth paying for.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Cost me more than 250 and it hurt paying it never again, but 250 sounds right it just depends on where you go.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
its fairly easy to install that stuff yourself...i had ZERO experience with suspension and with a buddy we installed coilovers and a 3 leaf AAL and new shocks in an afternoon in his driveway...

the trick is having someone who knows the tricks...

you'll need 4 jackstands, floorjack, a couple c clamps, and sockets...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #13
AL417's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input. So it sounds like $250 is the going rate. When it comes to things like this, this girl would rather "write a check" than attempt it on my own. I'll start checking around some local places now that I have a starting point.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $275 for all four including an alignment.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 AM   #15
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
The rears would be so easy that any one could do em. Then have a mech do the fronts and an alignment, and save yourself about 125 bucks.