Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need Some Solid Shim/AAL Advice Plz

Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Question Need Some Solid Shim/AAL Advice Plz

I have the deaver 10 leaf pack from wheelers with bilstein 5100's. there is a slight driveline shudder. im also planning on adding another AAL most likely. what shims should i get, and how do i know which angle to buy? Also, will my 3/8 centerbolt be long enough? If not, where do you get one in the right length?

what sort of AAL is compatable with this deaver pack? id really like another 1" of lift in the rear. just want to get the right parts and not have any suprises. thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Drive line shudder is caused by your pinion angle not being set correctly. In order to fix that problem you will need to weld on new spring perches and center your 3rd member either inline with the drive shaft or at the same angle as the trans and 2-3 degrees down to compensate for any axle wrap on acceleration.

I'm not sure about the AAL being added to the Deavers. Typically their pack is designed without adding more leafs. It sounds like you want a longer shackle instead to achieve more lift, otherwise lower the front end.