1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Icons on the way now need to pick my rims..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by k2pow, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Apr 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Silver 4x4 LB DC, SR5, deb
    Snug Top, Tint, American Racing Mojave Rims with BFG AT's, Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Wheelers rear springs, Icon Rear shocks with res, front diff spacer.
    So I bought my ICON coil over kit with camburg control arms and some other stuff for the rear today from wheelersoffroad and want to make sure I am going to get the correct rim. I am fascinated by the American Racing Mojave with Teflon® (Series 3981) rim and want to make sure she will fit. Is the 3981-6865 16x8 4 1/2 offset the one to get? I was at 4 wheel parts today and he advised not to get 16'' due to the caliper clearance issues and advised the 17''.. I'd rather go the 16 but is there anyone out there that can help with this situation? I'd greatly appreciate it and plan to post pictures of my install piece by piece on my whopping 174 mile 08 Taco DC LB 4x4

Thanks

2. Apr 19, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/index.php/Tire_and_Wheel_Fitment

I ordered up some new wheels from tirepackage.com trying to drop 16" steelies on my 07 sport. Got a phone call a couple days later and talked to over with the guy. Same issue, caliper clearance on Tacomas with certain rims and apparently a 16" rim clearance issue on Sports. Just shifted fire and went with 17" American Racing Chamber w/ Teflon sitting on 33" BFG ATs.

3. Apr 22, 2008 at 10:22 PM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Silver 4x4 LB DC, SR5, deb
    Snug Top, Tint, American Racing Mojave Rims with BFG AT's, Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Wheelers rear springs, Icon Rear shocks with res, front diff spacer.
    Was told the same about the 16's so Decided to go with the 17 Mojave and bfg at's Try to post pictures when everything arrives

Products Discussed in

To Top