Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Suspension 4wd VS. 2wd - HELP!

Old 04-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Slvr_DblTaco is on a distinguished road

Slvr_DblTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Hey guys,

I just traded my 06 Access 4x4 TRD for a 07 DblCab 4x2 TRD-sport.
--- and the 4x2 rides like garbage!! HELP!

Does it seem like the rear end of the 4x2's jump and skip around on the littlest of bumps? (I haven't driven it with any sort of load in the bed yet)

I'm pushing for the leaf spring TSB seeing if that will clear some of it up, but I am worried that I just made a big mistake.

Any help is appreciated - thanks,
Bob
06_Red_Taco - now 07_Slvr_DblTaco
Old 04-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #3

Well, I'd agree - on smooth roads, it drives very nicely - but hit a bump and it doesn't convey a real safe/glued to the road feeling like my 06 did...especially if that bump is during a turn.

thanks,
Bob
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have the TSB done on the 06?
What about the 07? If you aren't sure, climb under the truck and see if you have the 3 or 4 -leaf packs. If you have the 4-leaf, TSB done and you will have a stiffer ride.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #5

Rear Suspension 4wd VS. 2wd - HELP!...Some resolution...

Well I got under the truck - it still has the 3-leaf, not 4.
But while I was under there I noticed that both shocks were coated in oil - they are both blown! Toyota is ordering new ones today and have said that they will then look into the Leaf Spring TSB once the new shocks are in place.

But come on - how do you blow the stock shocks out of a truck in 8,000 miles!! And this truck was Toyota CERTIFIED when I bought it.

I may just bitch up a storm and try to get my Access Cab back.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
wormhole7 is on a distinguished road

wormhole7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to wormhole7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr_DblTaco View Post
Well, I'd agree - on smooth roads, it drives very nicely - but hit a bump and it doesn't convey a real safe/glued to the road feeling like my 06 did...especially if that bump is during a turn.

thanks,
Bob
Just this weekend we were looking for houses out around the lake and found a dirt road that had big pools of water and deep ruts and bumps, we went down it and I was amazed at how it handled. Felt very glued to the road, and very tight. It was fun as hell, when we got to the end, we turned around and went back the way we came. Got mud every where. Had to go to the car wash afterwards.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
lower your rear tire pressure and see if that helps a bit. it may have too much air in them to begin with.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to point out

The stock tires on these trucks are really shitty. Upgrading your tires will make a lot of difference.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
I also want to point out

The stock tires on these trucks are really shitty. Upgrading your tires will make a lot of difference.
you got that right.......most definitely!!!