Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME and Fox shox

Old 04-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
helo_guy is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Ordie. IYAOYAS!!
helo_guy's Tacoma Gallery
OME and Fox shox

So i'm on the fence of what 3" lift I want. Both OME and Fox have their good points and bad points. What do you think of OME 885 or 886 front suspension and Fox 2.5" shocks with adjustable resi's and their leaf pack http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...sk=view&id=166 last (on the list)? Would this add to much forward rake or would this set up completely suck? I've searched many forums and no answers... thought?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by helo_guy View Post
So i'm on the fence of what 3" lift I want. Both OME and Fox have their good points and bad points. What do you think of OME 885 or 886 front suspension and Fox 2.5" shocks with adjustable resi's and their leaf pack http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...sk=view&id=166 lat (on the list)? Would this add to much forward rake or would this set up completely suck? I've searched many forums and no answers... thought?
FOX = adjustable
OME = non-adjustable

Unless you are going to run an aftermarker front bumper, 886 will be wayy too stiff. The only downside I can see with the Fox is the $$$$, otherwise, it's a no brainer...FOX.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
helo_guy is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Ordie. IYAOYAS!!
helo_guy's Tacoma Gallery
front bumper in the future. My question is not which full kit to use but having a hybrid of OME in front and Fox in the rear, I am unsure if I want coil overs... This might be a stupid set up but no one has ever asked and I am curious
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
my only thought would be the fact that the fox shocks are gonna be a "performance" oriented shock and if you do the OME front then they wont really be up to the task of keepin up with the Fox's. On that note, unless i did some coilovers on the front, then id stick with a fairly basic (and cheaper) rear shock as well. I mean the Bilstein 5100's that i have in the rear are a definate improvement over stock and they were only $150 for the pair from Wheelers Off Road. Thats half of what one Fox would cost. JMO