Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

4-link rear LT Kit?

Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
4-link rear LT Kit?

Does anyone make a 4-link rear long travel for our trucks that can use coil-over shocks as an alternative to spring under conversions?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
That's a full custom fabrication job. Get on it and post up your progress.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Heh, I'm a looooong way from that. I am just curious to see if it's a viable option. Thanks, though.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus View Post
Heh, I'm a looooong way from that. I am just curious to see if it's a viable option. Thanks, though.
Unlikely to ever see a kit for it as it requires too much fabrication. Full bed cage, custom shock hoops, 4-link mounts on both the frame and the axle, removal/relocation of the gas tank to clear the links, etc.

There's a guy on TTORA doing it on his own rig. This will give you an idea of what's involved.
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133171
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #5

I found another one: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=112125

Maybe I don't want to know how much that would cost to fab up.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does anyone make a 4-link rear long travel for our trucks that can use coil-over shocks as an alternative to spring under conversions?
No, all custom

Quote:
Yes, it is viable if you have the skills or willing to pay someone who has the skills. There are a lot of calculations that go into a 4 link set up, everything has to be welded on very precise.

Quote:
I found another one: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=112125

Maybe I don't want to know how much that would cost to fab up.
If you have to ask, you don't want to know
Actually in all honestly, if you do it by yourself. It wouldn't be too ridiculously expensive.