Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Springs

Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
slawdog is on a distinguished road
slawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Front Springs

I've put my name on the wait list for the 5100's. I've got an 03 Double Cab with a 3" body lift. My question is, Do i need to replace the front coils with the new shocks? If so where's the best place to buy & what type?

Also I'm experiencing what I believe is axel wrap. Will putting in an AAL help? If so, again, best place to buy & what type?

And finally, would all this be overkill? Can I leave lift on with all this new equipment? Would it be better to take the lift off? I'm running 265/75 17's.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would personally get rid of the body lift! And then just get do a true suspension lift. But with the 5100's It would be a good idea to get new coils bc it will ride better then your TRD's. And for rear, an AAL will help it but not cure it. Are your leafs sagging? or frouning instead of smiling? If so you need new leaf springs.
Here's a link for the coils and AAL, great company and products for a descent price!
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...d=63&Itemid=72

For a new leaf pack I would go with wheelersoffroad.com
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
slawdog is on a distinguished road
slawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I just checked & they are sagging. If I replace them will I need to order the AAL as well? They also give me the option of 4 or 5 leaf sets.
Which of these is the best?

Sorry for all the questions. I know plenty about trucks, but suspensions & lifts are something I've never messed with.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Its cool! Well how much lift do you wan?. Or better yet, what exactly do you want to do? Are you getting rid of the body lift or just adding to it?
The 4 leaf is just stock hight and the 5 leaf provides 1.5" lift. If you replace the whole leaf pack with one that will give you lift, you dont have to get the AAL.