LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is any LIFT worth the headaches??

Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Is any LIFT worth the headaches??

I just ordered Bilstein 5100's and Toytec/Eibach coils. Which I have been planning to have installed. After reading the below thread, I am begining to wonder if its a good idea to install either of these products or just leave my truck stock. I am thinking that I am upgrading my suspension, not creating further issues.

Is it just me or by adding the 5100's and Eibach coils to my new truck going to toss me into the camber, caster, alignment, vibration mess?

Would be interested in hearing feedback of owners that have the bilstein 5100's and the eibach coils installed. What issues are you presently experiencing? Did you add the LR UCA's to your setup??

I was even thinking about ordering LR UCA's to give me a proper alignment, but now still wondering? I will be doing much more reading and research before I add the Billy's and the Toytec/Eibach coils. By the way I think Toku did an excellent job explaining all that he did.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...alignment.html
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
yodaman will become famous soon enough
Marines: Infantry Sergeant
yodaman's Tacoma Gallery
I only have a Skyjacker suspension lift on my 07 Tacoma but I'm dealing with the all too popular "howling noise" that goes away in 4x4. With that said though, I don't regret altering the suspension. My issue (hopefully) isn't doing too much damage to my truck. I just took it on a 3000 road trip and it rode like a champ.
Just be prepared for minor annoyances. You may be one of the lucky owners who never experience any negative consequences from the lift. The stock trucks just don't look nearly as good as a lifted one. If your really concerned though I would keep the truck stock.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Black Rock Taco is on a distinguished road
Army: Nat'l guard medic and supply sgt.
Black Rock Taco's Tacoma Gallery
No headaches

2009 DC LB sport, Add A Leaf raised the rear 3", and I set my Toytec's just over 2". The ride is Vastly improved over the mushy car-like stock ride. No issues. I wasn't able to get the alignment to what is recommended here on TW, but still no steering or tire wear issues. I run 255/75/17 BFG MT's, which are indistinguishably thinner than stock and taller. I suspect the alignment issues may become greater with wides tires.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I think 5100's are good and aal's also are and will not mess up your truck. However if you do put a bigger lift on like skyjacker or a spacer lift or anything where you are altering the Toyota engineered suspension system you are going to get some sort of a problem or noise down the road. IMO