1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is any LIFT worth the headaches??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco4x4NC, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    I just ordered Bilstein 5100's and Toytec/Eibach coils. Which I have been planning to have installed. After reading the below thread, I am begining to wonder if its a good idea to install either of these products or just leave my truck stock. I am thinking that I am upgrading my suspension, not creating further issues.

Is it just me or by adding the 5100's and Eibach coils to my new truck going to toss me into the camber, caster, alignment, vibration mess?

Would be interested in hearing feedback of owners that have the bilstein 5100's and the eibach coils installed. What issues are you presently experiencing? Did you add the LR UCA's to your setup??

I was even thinking about ordering LR UCA's to give me a proper alignment, but now still wondering? I will be doing much more reading and research before I add the Billy's and the Toytec/Eibach coils. By the way I think Toku did an excellent job explaining all that he did.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40470-ucas-alignment.html

2. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    yodaman

yodaman Active Member

Member:
    Bellingham
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4 V6 Automatic
    Yokohama tires Skyjacker canopy add more later
    I only have a Skyjacker suspension lift on my 07 Tacoma but I'm dealing with the all too popular "howling noise" that goes away in 4x4. With that said though, I don't regret altering the suspension. My issue (hopefully) isn't doing too much damage to my truck. I just took it on a 3000 road trip and it rode like a champ.
    Just be prepared for minor annoyances. You may be one of the lucky owners who never experience any negative consequences from the lift. The stock trucks just don't look nearly as good as a lifted one. If your really concerned though I would keep the truck stock.

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    Black Rock Taco

Black Rock Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnemucca and Reno, NV, Oakland CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DBL Cab Tundra
    None, yet
    2009 DC LB sport, Add A Leaf raised the rear 3", and I set my Toytec's just over 2". The ride is Vastly improved over the mushy car-like stock ride. No issues. I wasn't able to get the alignment to what is recommended here on TW, but still no steering or tire wear issues. I run 255/75/17 BFG MT's, which are indistinguishably thinner than stock and taller. I suspect the alignment issues may become greater with wides tires.

4. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    I think 5100's are good and aal's also are and will not mess up your truck. However if you do put a bigger lift on like skyjacker or a spacer lift or anything where you are altering the Toyota engineered suspension system you are going to get some sort of a problem or noise down the road. IMO

Products Discussed in

To Top