Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Truck seems higher after alignment...

Old 03-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
10tacomahawaii is on a distinguished road
Army: 411th Engineer Battalion (Combat) (Heavy)
Name: Secret
10tacomahawaii's Tacoma Gallery
Truck seems higher after alignment...

So here's my story... About a month ago I had my lift installed on my truck, it's a 3" spacer up front and 1.5" AAL in the rear. As soon as the install was finished I drove it home immediately and did not notice any difference in ride height. I also noticed that the alignment was slightly off but I figured that that was normal due to the fact that I was running stock uca's. So today I finally took it in for an alignment and I noticed two things... One: The ride was much smoother... Two: There is no more vibration in truck whatsoever... And Three: The ride height feels a little higher than before I got the alignment... So as I was driving out of the parking lot, I was like, WTF???? I was thinking maybe the techs messed with my driver's seat, but, after I picked up my girlfriend from work, she asked, "Did you lift the truck higher?" I stated no and kept thinking to myself that either we are both crazy or somehow the corrected angles of the camber/caster allowed the truck to stand taller...

Maybe we're crazy but what do you folks think about this? Anyone else ever experienced this??? Thanks....
Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Anyone???
Old 03-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe there was something done to your torsion bar?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
Yessss!!! Someone finally replied!!! Uhhh, okay could you explain what/where is the torsion bar? And what can they have done to it to make the ride height feel higher? I'm sorry for asking these questions but I'm just a new Tacoma owner trying to learn new things about my truck...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
your 2010 has no torsion bars. I dunno what happened but it sounds all good. haha enjoy it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
No torsion bars on his truck sorry.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
It is because it is happier and more confident now that it has an alignment!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
No torsion bars on his truck sorry.
Oh, do they have torsion keys on the 2010?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
nope, none of the tacos do
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
no torsions.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
ShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
ShadowFalken's Tacoma Gallery
The alignment tech told it to straighten up and it is sitting up in its chair now?

Hehe.

Only think I can think of would be when the parts were installed, some of the lower bushings were not loosened and allowed to reorient for the new height. This would cause the rubber to work against the springs. A good alignment guy would notice the twist in the rubber, the fact that it will effect handling and will stress the bushings, so he re-zeroed them.

If that IS the case, you have likely found a good alignment tech. Keep the number and keep an eye on how your tires wear to be sure.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
its all in your head, you and your girl are crazy...alignment will not lift a vehicle. also, when you post at midnight PST...expect for it to take more than an hour for a response...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #13
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
over 400 posts and you make a comment like this...c'mon man!!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
its all in your head, you and your girl are crazy...alignment will not lift a vehicle. also, when you post at midnight PST...expect for it to take more than an hour for a response...
Yeah, I know that alignment will not lift a fukkin vehicle... I was asking if there was anything they could've done or messed with to make it seem taller, i.e. tire pressure, seat height, whatever... Because it is MY truck I would notice any and all differences/changes... And don't friggin tell me how and when to post... Especially on my own fukkin thread... Jeeeze I come to y'all for help and this is what I gotta deal with... Typical Haoles, man...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
Thanks to all who replied... Maybe it's all in my head, maybe not... I'll try to talk to the techs today... All I know is that I have a Tacoma and I friggin love it... That's all that matters...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tacomahawaii View Post
Yeah, I know that alignment will not lift a fukkin vehicle... I was asking if there was anything they could've done or messed with to make it seem taller, i.e. tire pressure, seat height, whatever... Because it is MY truck I would notice any and all differences/changes... And don't friggin tell me how and when to post... Especially on my own fukkin thread... Jeeeze I come to y'all for help and this is what I gotta deal with... Typical Haoles, man...
Wow dude calm down, he was just saying because you posted at midnight not many people are on that's why it took awhile for any one to get back to you. You live on an Island you should be more relaxed. As for the lift it was probably all in you head.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tacomahawaii View Post
and i gave you your answer...what more do you want...anything done in a simple alignment will NOT adjust the height of a vehicle? i gave you your help and this is how you repay me...typical moak....go play w/ your 15 wide tires....bra...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Yeah I know... I'm sorry I just get offended easily...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
^ talking to fedtaco not yosh
Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to get between you ladies...

but from my experience an alignment usually will drop the front down a bit after an IFS lift install. Right after you put the spacer on, your tires will be sitting on the outside edge, after alignment when your tires sit flat the truck wil sit barely lower.

Not sure why yours sits higher. Maybe he put more air in your tires.