LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear leaf TSB has settled..

Old 04-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
rear leaf TSB has settled..

anyone with rear leaf TSB experienced any settling? i've had mine on for about 6 months and 5000 miles. and it dropped a little more than 1/2 inch. and now my truck looks stupid
Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
anyone with rear leaf TSB experienced any settling? i've had mine on for about 6 months and 5000 miles. and it dropped a little more than 1/2 inch. and now my truck looks stupid
I've had the TSB less than two months and 800 miles. I'm glad I only set the front 5100's at the .85" setting. The rear is only about 1.25" taller now. This is only after a couple heavy 400# loads.

However I love the ride and handling with the 5100's all around and the TSB installed.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime you put new leaf springs in - they will settle over time. That's just the natural characteristic of leaf springs. They're always higher whe you first put them on.

I had my TSB done back in November. It was ass-high right after the install. I ran 210lbs of sand in the bed over the winter and it's settled to be perfect with just a little rake in the back.

I did not do anything to the front. Still bone stock.