Notices

3" lift questions

Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
3" lift questions

Hey guys I am seriously looking at putting the toytec 3" lift on my taco. The questions I have is would it be best to put the bilstein 5100 on there as well? Along with that should I do anything else, like do the drops on the CVs? I don't want to cause excessive wear on anything because of this.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Negative on the 5100s.

Which Toytec kit did you get? I'd suggest buying new shocks along with it. I'd buy the diff drop just to be safe.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
I have not purchased a lift kit at all yet. I have no lifting experience, I was hoping to see what everyones thought was. I might go with another kit if it would be better.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
lift kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
I have not purchased a lift kit at all yet. I have no lifting experience, I was hoping to see what everyones thought was. I might go with another kit if it would be better.
Check out truxx level kit...3" front and 1" rear...No spring disasembly...I am very pleased with this kit..I have 305/60/18's No rub, my stock tires were 265/70/16 with passenger rating..My new BFG's are the new mud terrains with a aggresive crawler style sidewall...very strong tire...the diff drop is a little over rated but I installed it anyway..there 14mm spacers for the front diff tab mounts..thats it..if you want the stock ride unchanged, check out truxx level kit...install less than 3 hrs with handtools..(if you do go with a coil preload kit or a above the mount kit, unhook the outer tie rod ends and swing em out of the way, much easier install)
Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
zurdo41 is on a distinguished road
Name: Antonio
zurdo41's Tacoma Gallery
Question BFG KM2 mud tires

Hey guys i currently have a 2006 tacoma with a 3 inch lift and i am running on 275/65r18 hancook at tires. I really dont like the way they look, am new to the offroading system so i need some help. I wanted to put some 305/65r18 BFG KM2, but i am not sure if they will fit without rubbing. Is there anything i could do to avoid rubbing on the fenders.
thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
Check out truxx level kit...3" front and 1" rear...No spring disasembly...I am very pleased with this kit..I have 305/60/18's No rub, my stock tires were 265/70/16 with passenger rating..My new BFG's are the new mud terrains with a aggresive crawler style sidewall...very strong tire...the diff drop is a little over rated but I installed it anyway..there 14mm spacers for the front diff tab mounts..thats it..if you want the stock ride unchanged, check out truxx level kit...install less than 3 hrs with handtools..(if you do go with a coil preload kit or a above the mount kit, unhook the outer tie rod ends and swing em out of the way, much easier install)
you serious,u like that kit?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurdo41 View Post
Hey guys i currently have a 2006 tacoma with a 3 inch lift and i am running on 275/65r18 hancook at tires. I really dont like the way they look, am new to the offroading system so i need some help. I wanted to put some 305/65r18 BFG KM2, but i am not sure if they will fit without rubbing. Is there anything i could do to avoid rubbing on the fenders.
thanks.
dude,that is called thread jacking.glad its not my thread.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
dude,that is called thread jacking.glad its not my thread.
x2
Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
Hey guys I am seriously looking at putting the toytec 3" lift on my taco. The questions I have is would it be best to put the bilstein 5100 on there as well? Along with that should I do anything else, like do the drops on the CVs? I don't want to cause excessive wear on anything because of this.
Toytec makes a solid lift for Tacomas and there alot of guys on here running that same lift your inquiring about (assuming its the Ultimate Lift Kit they offer). One more thing you'll have to look into is after market UCAs to fix your alignment issues you'll have. Check out Total Chaos and Light Racing...it all depends on your budget