Notices

Help! Installing Spacers

Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Help! Installing Spacers

I will be installing my 3Inch spacers this weeekend and i wanted to see if anyone knew where i could find a good write up with pictures.? Thanks for the help..
Old 03-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are soooooooooooooo easy to install.

1. Jack up truck.
2. Take off wheel.
3. Bolt spacer to hub.
4. Bolt wheel to spacer.
5. Lower truck.

Just remember to torque the lugs to the required ft. lb.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilg View Post
Spacers are soooooooooooooo easy to install.

1. Jack up truck.
2. Take off wheel.
3. Bolt spacer to hub.
4. Bolt wheel to spacer.
5. Lower truck.

Just remember to torque the lugs to the required ft. lb.
I think he is talking about a spacer lift, not wheel spacers
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
thats simple

1. jack up car
2. remove front tires
3. remove sway bar mounts and remove from spindle
4. remove 3 top nuts on the shock
5. remove the lower shock bolt
6. remove shock
7. install spacer
8. put everything back together
Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWillDaBeast View Post
I think he is talking about a spacer lift, not wheel spacers
Haha, my bad. I guess I should have read it fully... 3 inches. Wheel spacers don't come in that size (unless you want to die)

Duh.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Parks Offroad write up:

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...c05taco3in.htm
Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Spacers

Thanks..
Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzz818 View Post
Thanks..
Good luck. Post up so pictures when you get done. If you never used spring compressor...I would pay the extra to have them put on. It can be very dangerous.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilg View Post
Haha, my bad. I guess I should have read it fully... 3 inches. Wheel spacers don't come in that size (unless you want to die)

Duh.
Actually, I'm running 3" wheel spacers in the rear of my truck to clear my shocks.

They've held up so far, but they're only temporary until I get around to swapping to a custom width Ford 9" rear axle.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
thats simple

1. jack up car
2. remove front tires
3. remove sway bar mounts and remove from spindle
4. remove 3 top nuts on the shock
5. remove the lower shock bolt
6. remove shock
7. install spacer
8. put everything back together
but remember that the bolts are staggered, you'll have to turn the top so the shock remains as it was.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTacoma09 View Post
but remember that the bolts are staggered, you'll have to turn the top so the shock remains as it was.
Holly thread revival.