1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100s + 885 + Dakars

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by bigburrito, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    bigburrito

bigburrito [OP] Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    Im in need of a sanity check on this planned lift. Truck is 09 Access Cab TRD, just want to make sure im not overlooking something blatantly obvious. Im doing the upgrade mainly to improve the hauling capability, the actual "lift" is just a bonus. I do NOT want to have to mess with new UCAs.

~2" in the front: 5100 set at 0+885+5mm spacer to correct lean

----------------------------0+1.75+.25 = 2" for the front

~2.75" in the rear: 5100 + OME Dakar leaf pack

By my count, this will leave me with .75 extra rake which doesnt sound like alot to me, and I do not mind the factory rake anyhow. Any chance of the extra rake becoming an issue?

Also looking for input from anyone that currently has this setup (or just the same thing in front, same thing in rear) Ive searched the living daylights out of this and came up with some answers, but nothing good enough for me to pull the trigger on this yet. Thanks in advance TW!:mudding:

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I don't have that set up but I can't see why it wouldn't work just fine. Some people would recommend the match of OME shocks with the coils but I'm sure the 5100's would be fine too.

3. Mar 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I've heard the ome shocks are better with their coils. Other than that all sounds good. You may want to consider extended brake lines for the rear though.

Products Discussed in

To Top