1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If you were wondering about 5100s / TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Blue76, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    Blue76

Blue76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Double Cab
    Dealer installed Leather, Truck Cover USA roll up cover, Pop n Lock, Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners set at 1.75, Rear Spring TSB. USA Spec iPhone adapter, 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson ATZs.
    I just had the TSB done and 5100s on 4 corners done on Tuesday. I had the front set at 1.75. All was done at the dealer so the wheel alignment was done with the new shocks.

I had some concerns about the ride quality before... I actually like it better now.

I just got home from a 940 mile road trip in the Tacoma (in two days)... it handled very well even at 90+MPH... I actually think it may have been more stable around big trucks than before. I alway wondered why my 08 FJ was more stable on the interstate than the Tacoma but now they ride and react almost exactly the same. So if you were worried about doing it and not being happy with the ride maybe this info helps...

Greg

2. Mar 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    newfie8

newfie8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Tinted windows all around. Fog lights. Intermittent wiper switch. Skid plate. Extra D rings. Grillcraft. Color matched grill. Hella 500ff HID behind grillcraft. Rcbs204 Lighting. 5100's up front. 265/75/16 Duratracs.Firestone riderites. Bora Wheel spacers. Tinted tails. De badged. Blacked out rims.
    Good to hear!

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Sweet!! I hope that this will be my next mod.

Cheers.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    P-Hill Tacoma

P-Hill Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Short Bed 4WD Off Road Barcelona Red
    Fr Bilsteins@1.75", Rr Bilsteins w/ 1.5" AAL & RideRite Airbags, Truxedo Lo-Pro Tonneau, Step Tubes, 1.25" Spidertrax
    Thanks Blue76. I have researched the hell out of this issue and taking everything into consideration, I decided to go with the 1.75 Billy and 1.5 AAL with no TSB in the back. (I wanted to keep the rake.) Should be about the same as yours. I have been worried about the ride mostly. Your comments and others have been very helpful and assured me I have made the right decission. Parts should be here by the weekend.

Products Discussed in

To Top