1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilsteins set @ zero & Eibach front coils installed today

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Taco4x4NC, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Called Concord, NC Toyota dealer and made an appt to have my Bilsteins installed on all four corners and Eibach coils installed. Also had the 1/4" spacer installed for the "taco lean".

Took the tech a few hours but he was excellent. As mentioned, set the Billy's at zero. The truck rides fantastic. No vibs, no shakes no rattles, no rolls, beautiful. I really like the difference that the Billy's and the Eibachs make in the overall ride. Much much improved over the somewhat spongy feel I had with the stock shocks. The tech also did a four wheel alignment. Everything is with in factory spec and a print out was provided.

If your on the fence about doing this mod (I was) , I would highly reccomend it. I totally recomend Concord Toyota, its also where I bought my truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    how much lift did you end up getting from this setup? was it the full 1.6"?

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    That looks good, I have the same set up that I'm hoping to install soon.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    $267.00 out the door. All 4 Bilstein shocks, eibach coils, 1/4" spacer and the four wheel alignment. All performed by Russell an excellent certified Tech at Toyota of Concord, NC. I can't say enough about how well I was treated. They had a courtesy driver take me over to see a movie at the Concord Mills Mall instead of waiting at the dealership while they did the install. Had lunch and watched the "Green Zone" while the tech went to work. It took him awhile which was fine with me. I did not want a rush job at all.

It was a good day!:yay:

Next wheels and tires...to be continued....

5. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Sounds good!

6. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    yes, maybe a tick or two over.

7. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
    How did you get all of that for 267? I would be happy to just buy the parts for $267.

8. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Dave,

I'm stunned that you got such a great deal on the work they performed on your truck, it would mostly cost between 500 to a grand out here in California. I sure wish they treated me like a royalty. You got it made! BTW nice truck man, I'm glad everything turned out the way you wanted.

:)
    Richard

9. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Richard!

I had a really good day today and yes was treated right by Concord Toyota both in service and especially price.
    I look forward to hearing how you make out with your truck. Keep us posted. Blackwatertaco might have some good info to share with you about the lift your after with stock coils. I would be interested to hear what you learn.

Dave

10. Mar 23, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    ACE_Taco

ACE_Taco Long Range Practical Marksman

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLCab TRD 4x4
    OME 885x Coils, Dakar Leafs, OME Shocks, TC UCAs, BHLM, Tailgate MOD, WeatherTec Window Deflectors, WeatherTec Floor Mats, Blacked Out chrome bumber, Satoshi Grille, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    Dave,

Looks good man. Glad it all worked out for you. Before I installed my UCAs and OME lift, I was quoted $125 per side from my local dealership (Rice Toyota). They're CS is second to none.

BTW, your truck would look awesome with a set of the Anthracite FJ Wheels. I have a set on my BSP and love 'em....

Jon

11. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Jon,

Just a tic high in the front from the 1.6 " the eibachs give, but for now I am fine with that. I will have the Spring TSB done at some point.

I agree with the Anthracite FJ wheels, might have to look into a set. I have poured some $$$ into the truck in the last month. Need to let some of the dust settle and smoke clear bro...:D I may do LR UCA's down the road.

12. Mar 23, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    paidfor

paidfor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR 4x4
    Hidden GPS tracking system. Backflip cover, weather techs, bed mat, tailgate lock, OME 885 springs, blistein shocks, 2.5 in AAL/
    Your truck looks good. Good to hear it all worked out for you. I have the same lift on my truck and I love it.

Products Discussed in

To Top