Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilsteins set @ zero & Eibach front coils installed today

Old 03-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins set @ zero & Eibach front coils installed today

Called Concord, NC Toyota dealer and made an appt to have my Bilsteins installed on all four corners and Eibach coils installed. Also had the 1/4" spacer installed for the "taco lean".

Took the tech a few hours but he was excellent. As mentioned, set the Billy's at zero. The truck rides fantastic. No vibs, no shakes no rattles, no rolls, beautiful. I really like the difference that the Billy's and the Eibachs make in the overall ride. Much much improved over the somewhat spongy feel I had with the stock shocks. The tech also did a four wheel alignment. Everything is with in factory spec and a print out was provided.

If your on the fence about doing this mod (I was) , I would highly reccomend it. I totally recomend Concord Toyota, its also where I bought my truck.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
how much lift did you end up getting from this setup? was it the full 1.6"?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
How much did install set you back?? How much lift? Looks good!! Glad you found a trustable shop!
$267.00 out the door. All 4 Bilstein shocks, eibach coils, 1/4" spacer and the four wheel alignment. All performed by Russell an excellent certified Tech at Toyota of Concord, NC. I can't say enough about how well I was treated. They had a courtesy driver take me over to see a movie at the Concord Mills Mall instead of waiting at the dealership while they did the install. Had lunch and watched the "Green Zone" while the tech went to work. It took him awhile which was fine with me. I did not want a rush job at all.

It was a good day!

Next wheels and tires...to be continued....
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post
$267.00 out the door. All 4 Bilstein shocks, eibach coils, 1/4" spacer and the four wheel alignment. All performed by a certified Tech at Toyota of Concord, NC. I can't say enough about how well I was treated. They had a courtesy driver take me over to see a movie at the Concord Mills Mall instead of waiting at the dealership while they did the install. Watched the "Green Zone" while the tech went to work.

It was a good day!
Sounds good!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastacobueno View Post
how much lift did you end up getting from this setup? was it the full 1.6"?
yes, maybe a tick or two over.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get all of that for 267? I would be happy to just buy the parts for $267.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Dave,

I'm stunned that you got such a great deal on the work they performed on your truck, it would mostly cost between 500 to a grand out here in California. I sure wish they treated me like a royalty. You got it made! BTW nice truck man, I'm glad everything turned out the way you wanted.

Richard
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Dave,

I'm stunned that you got such a great deal on the work they performed on your truck, it would mostly cost between 500 to a grand out here in California. I sure wish they treated me like a royalty. You got it made! BTW nice truck man, I'm glad everything turned out the way you wanted.

Richard
Thanks Richard!

I had a really good day today and yes was treated right by Concord Toyota both in service and especially price.
I look forward to hearing how you make out with your truck. Keep us posted. Blackwatertaco might have some good info to share with you about the lift your after with stock coils. I would be interested to hear what you learn.

Dave
Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
Long Range Practical Marksman
ACE_Taco will become famous soon enoughACE_Taco will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
ACE_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dave,

Looks good man. Glad it all worked out for you. Before I installed my UCAs and OME lift, I was quoted $125 per side from my local dealership (Rice Toyota). They're CS is second to none.

BTW, your truck would look awesome with a set of the Anthracite FJ Wheels. I have a set on my BSP and love 'em....

Jon
Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #11

lift

Thanks Jon,

Just a tic high in the front from the 1.6 " the eibachs give, but for now I am fine with that. I will have the Spring TSB done at some point.

I agree with the Anthracite FJ wheels, might have to look into a set. I have poured some $$$ into the truck in the last month. Need to let some of the dust settle and smoke clear bro... I may do LR UCA's down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_Taco View Post
Dave,

Looks good man. Glad it all worked out for you. Before I installed my UCAs and OME lift, I was quoted $125 per side from my local dealership (Rice Toyota). They're CS is second to none.

BTW, your truck would look awesome with a set of the Anthracite FJ Wheels. I have a set on my BSP and love 'em....

Jon
Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Your truck looks good. Good to hear it all worked out for you. I have the same lift on my truck and I love it.