Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

new total chaos lower control arm

Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
new total chaos lower control arm

well I went down to the total chaos shop in corona today and picked up their Lca's here are some pics of them I hope to put them on my truck some time next week to have some feed back on them

Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Do you gain any droop with the lower ball joint? (im assuming your mid-travel)
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
are you going to run bipases? excited maybe a alternative to longtravel if extra droop is given.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
IMO these stock replacement LCAs are pointless. They dont add travel, just extra beef(and look pretty). Why not just go LT if you're shelling out the cash for UCAs and LCAs anyways.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
dam those are nice but dont they cost a ton?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
dam those are nice but dont they cost a ton?
1600 from TC directly
Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
yea i think i would pass on these but that uni ball joint is badass
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
interm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant futureinterm_4 has a brilliant future
Name: Matt
interm_4's Tacoma Gallery
arms look great!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #14
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
IMO these stock replacement LCAs are pointless. They dont add travel, just extra beef(and look pretty). Why not just go LT if you're shelling out the cash for UCAs and LCAs anyways.
Unless you plan on keeping it at mid-travel, which i'm not, i wouldn't bother with them, which I'm not. Haha. Congrats on getting them. At least now you don't have to worry about breaking anything. And I'm sure they will look much nicer.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
so these do nothing for travel?? why then?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
so these do nothing for travel?? why then?
i would assume they're stronger than stock which is the overall gain...i was actually looking into getting a set to be honest cuz i dinged my stock ones (which really isnt a problem)... i am interested in if it does actually give u more "droop"....
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #17
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
I PMed Shon from King Shocks last month via TTORA and was asking him if he could make me a custom set of shocks to give me 2.5" of lift without preloading any springs. He said he could but the A-Arms would limit travel and throw my alignment off.

With Paul's new LCA's, he can run custom length shocks and it does indeed help with travel. Congrats on your set. Looks like your building a sick ass mid travel setup
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well as for strength, arent the stock spindles the weak point already? Tougher LCAs wouldnt matter if you're bending spindles.