Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need some install help

Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
need some install help

Well, I should finally be getting the final parts to my full OME lift with LR UCA's on monday. I've read the install threads, my springs are already compressed and is seems cut and dry. But I have some quick questions.
Are there any torque specs that I should follow for the install? Or just make everything tight as hell?
Any need for loctite?
Are there any specific places I should grease/lube? If so what do I use?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
UCA ball joint: 80ft.lbs,
Sway bar ends: 35ft.lbs,
Lower strut bolt:150ft. lbs,
Upper strut nuts: 70ft.lbs (on stock, may be different on aftermarket and will likely be noted in the instructions)
Ubolts: 70ft.lbs (also can vary aftermarket ap)
Lug NUts: 70-80ft.lbs

You don't have to use locktite, but locktite RED can't hurt.

I don't know the other torque specs of the top of my head but if you still need them tomorrow I'll look it up for you. Also, pretty sure you'll want to grease the bushings on the new UCA and if that ball joint isn't already greased/or sealed type you'll need to do that too. The kit should have torque specs in the instructions too.

After jacking the front and removing the wheel, 1st remove the swaybar end, 2nd remove the nut on the UCA joint: to get it to drop, give it a few good hits with a hammer just above the bolt that you removed the nut from, it will probably take a couple of whacks but when it comes loose it will just drop (watch that VSC line/cable, it will get real taught when you drop from the ball joint) The rest is obvious.

When you're done with the install, drive a couple hundred miles and retorque all the nuts. I reccomend to wait as long to get an alignment too, if not a little longer.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I'm also going to be replacing my driver side spindle. Any specific things for that?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post

You don't have to use locktite, but locktite RED can't hurt.
Do NOT use loctite RED unless you don't plan to remove the parts. Blue is better option if you plan on removing at a later date. I also use a green wicking type that you can add later and it will wick in and have the same effect as blue.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Ron View Post
Do NOT use loctite RED unless you don't plan to remove the parts. Blue is better option if you plan on removing at a later date. I also use a green wicking type that you can add later and it will wick in and have the same effect as blue.
X2...Dont use any locktite on any suspension parts.