Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Sway Bar

Old 03-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Sway Bar

Anyone running a rear sway bar on your Prerunner or 4x4?
Thoughts or opinions?
Is there anyone besides Hellwig offering them for this application?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want one? You'll loose flex,
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech View Post
Why would you want one? You'll loose flex,
Not sure if I do or not; still learning.
This is my first 'off road' type truck. My prior 'street' truck was equipped with Hocthkis sway bars that I liked very much.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, It make's sense on a street truck, If you plan on doing any off-roading you will limit your abilities witha rear sway bar, actually, a lot of guys actually even take their front sway bar off to flex their taco's a bit more
Old 03-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Sittin Sic has swaybars if you really want one for some reason.

05+ 2WD only.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech View Post
Yeah, It make's sense on a street truck, If you plan on doing any off-roading you will limit your abilities witha rear sway bar, actually, a lot of guys actually even take their front sway bar off to flex their taco's a bit more
I agree, the only reason I could see a need for one is if you tow excessively heavy and/or tall trailers. Even then, I'm not sure how much it would help.

If you ONLY drive street there might be some comfort in corners gained but at that point you probably should look at a different vehicle.