Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

CV leak...

Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
CV leak...

My CV Boot resently started leaking,(inner driver side) I was wondering if anyone knows or has exsperience with the downey CV boots? They say that there better then stock and will last longer. But I thought I would ask here and see.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Where is it leaking? At the clamp? or does it have a hole in it?

Not familiar with the Downey boots, although I looked it up quick and it looks like a one piece unit which is what you want. You don't want the two piece ones.

I can't imagine they'd be a bad product.... what does the downey boot price compare to toyota oem price?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its leaking at the clamp. The Downey Boots are 14 bucks a piece, in there catalog. Not sure what the OEM ones cost.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Yeah, its leaking at the clamp. The Downey Boots are 14 bucks a piece, in there catalog. Not sure what the OEM ones cost.
Have you tried tightening up the clamp? Or buy another clamp?

I'm not sure what type of clamp it has - sometimes they can't be tightened but only 'bent' tighter. You could call and ask Toyota if they sell only the clamps, or try to find a larger clamp (large hose clamp) of some kind.
Search google for CV boot clamps....

Try that and see if that helps.