Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installing OME 2.75" leaf pack... looking for a good DIY or instructions

Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Installing OME 2.75" leaf pack... looking for a good DIY or instructions

Going to be installing the typical rear leaf pack, new rear shocks, carrier bearing drop kit, blah, blah, blah...

I've spent a bit of time looking through the AAL stickies and one thread on TN with 1/2 of the photo links dead, but can't find the torque specs, the step by step instructions, etc...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. The lift is showing up on Thursday (wheelers) and Friday (all pro) this week so if I'm missing any tools, I'd like to know before the weekend gets here and I'm in the middle of the job.

All Pro was cool and just said "call us if you need help with the shocks" but I was hoping for something that required less faith. PEACE.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Chris4X2, made an installtion sticky for the AAL that has the torque specs for the U-bolts. I'll try and look for the link for ya

Edit:Re connect parking brake and brake line brakets (9 ft-lbs), and rear shocks (75 ft-lbs). also on there it says Torque the U-bolts to 75 Ft-lbs as well.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What about the shocks? I've done the u-bolt flip kit and used 75-80 ft-lb and even rechecked the torque after a week but never done the shocks. Also, tips to make the job easier would be appreciated.
A beginning to end DIY is really what I'm after since I'll be doing this solo.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
MBU Ninja
Tat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTat2dTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricker
Tat2dTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shocks (75 ft-lbs). The link will give you a general idea, IIRC either TC or Engage has a "how-to" on their website, can't really remember.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dTaco View Post
Rear shocks (75 ft-lbs). The link will give you a general idea, IIRC either TC or Engage has a "how-to" on their website, can't really remember.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html
Do I need to use the c-clamp since I'm removing the entire leaf pack? Wouldn't I be losening up the ends where the springs attach to truck as seen in this photo on the far right?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
Do I need to use the c-clamp since I'm removing the entire leaf pack? Wouldn't I be losening up the ends where the springs attach to truck as seen in this photo on the far right?

Thats right, but I still used the c-clamp and then slowly released it once I had the center nut off. Just in case there was some built up pressure. Make sure the rear axle is dropped far enough and the leafs are completely neutral, otherwise the full leafs will be pretty hard to get out. I went through an ordeal with my back leafs during install, but I got it sorted.