Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Lift on a Prerunner...

Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow 6" Lift on a Prerunner...

I have a 09 TRD OR DC Prerunner. If I were to do a 6" lift...what would be the best way since it's a prerunner? Keep in mind, I estimate I will only do minor off roading (no deep mud or bolder climbing) maybe once or twice a year....any off roading i do will not be anything close to hard core.

PS. I have VSC so please take that into consideration

I read some other threads but was left confused. I read somewhere that it was easier to do a 6" lift on a prerunner. I also read there's only 1 brand of lift you can use if you have VSC.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
call procomp or fabtech thats the only true way to know ?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do some 4" lift spindles and a quality coilover setup set to 2" of lift and be at 6" with awesome ride and great clearance.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I'd do some 4" lift spindles and a quality coilover setup set to 2" of lift and be at 6" with awesome ride and great clearance.
x2 thats what i would do if i had a prerunner
Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
I agree
Old 04-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Would I be able to use BFG KM2 35" with that setup?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmed99 View Post
Would I be able to use BFG KM2 35" with that setup?
Yesssir, just need to trim minimally and get the correct offset wheels for the spindles
Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
you can go all the way 2 7.5'' with spindles
Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #9

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
So 4" spindles and coilovers for the front. What should I use on the back so it's level and able to run the 35" tires?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #10

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Would it be recommended to re-gear with this setup (6 inch lift and 35")
Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yea i would re-gear and get some custom deavers or all pro 3'' leafs
Old 04-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #12

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't I need something in addition to 3" leafs in the rear?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #13

a 1 inch block in the rear would make it level, thats what procomp runs in the rear 4 inches
Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #14

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
I dont need to buy UCA's right?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
no, with the spindles it retains stock geometry.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #16

but if you got lift from your coil-overs it would not be a bad idea especially if you are going over 2 inches
Old 04-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
hah i have 3'' in front and stock uca and i got a great alignment, guess i got lucky!!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
x2 thats what i would do if i had a prerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I agree
That's what I'm gonna do! Not meaning to thread jack either.

Quote:
So 4" spindles and coilovers for the front. What should I use on the back so it's level and able to run the 35" tires?
Quote:
Would it be recommended to re-gear with this setup (6 inch lift and 35")
My plan is to get some new leaf springs with shackles that will provide roughly 6", maybe a little less with the sagging of the leaf springs. Yeah if you plan on running 35" tires it's recommended to re-gear. I just plan on running 33" because I'm like you and I don't think it's worth it for me to re-gear.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #19
you could run the nitto 295/70/17 that would look sick
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
but if you got lift from your coil-overs it would not be a bad idea especially if you are going over 2 inches
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
hah i have 3'' in front and stock uca and i got a great alignment, guess i got lucky!!
I have my billies at 2.75" with stock uca's and at full turn I rub but other then that it's not too bad. You're probably gonna wanna get new uca's but its not necessary.