1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ome 885 install

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chestnut35, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    chestnut35

chestnut35 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tempe
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road Double
    bixenon HID, chrome running boards, access tonneau cover, Bilstein 5100, rear TSB leafs, 18x9 XD wheels, 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Front Bull Bar
    Ok so i just received my ome 885s and top plate spacer, just curious as to how hard the install is. I currently am running the bilsteins 5100's.

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    you ever dismantled and reassembled a strut before?

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    It's fairly easy as far as the off/on goes, only 8 nuts to deal with + lug nuts. Your only variable will be getting the new springs/spacer on the billies whether you do it or have someone else do it. IMO spring compressors aren't fun but if you get a beefy one and be safe it's pretty straight forward.

I recently saw a real good thread on here with pictures: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40467-how-toytec-lift-install-smtrdsport.html. I also did a written step by step how I do it here starting at post #43: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/84209-toytec-install-quote-high-low-3.html . It's kind of rediculous but I tried to write from the perspective that installer knows very little about how to do this, install for dummies.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    If I can give you some advice, I would hold off on the top plate spacer until you see how much lift the 885's alone give you.

Also, it is pretty simple, if you are comfortable with disassembling your truck then you can just take the stock coilovers off and take them down to a shop and have them assembled, its what I did. Took about an hour.

5. Apr 5, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    4ari trd

4ari trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    portland, oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport double cab long bed
    cat back magnaflow exhaust- stage 2 k&n intake- URD MAF Sensor Calibrator, Westin bull bar, black housing headlights, yellow fogs, 10000k hid, fog light mod, 3in tuff country lift
    can you post up a pic after its dont so i can see how it looks.im looking to buy the same setup right now and i want to see how it looks

6. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    j0sh

j0sh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport 4x4
    AFE Filter, TRD Catback
    I just put my 885's and top spacer on this weekend along with LR UCA. I highly recommend to take the struts to a shop for the spring compressor. The ones you rent looked like it was about to snap in half.

Products Discussed in

To Top