Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Buying 3" lift kit- Revtek or Toytec?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Buying 3" lift kit- Revtek or Toytec?

Ok so this is the first truck i'm going to lift...i have an 06 Dcab sport 6spd...Since i do alot of towing (camper) and hauling i decided to go with a coil kit with AAL...there are two that i'm looking into...

the revtek kit: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uprevtektaco.htm

or the toytec kit (Part # OME3-05-AL): http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...07tacoliftkits

basically i'm looking for opinions on which of these kits are better...the revtek is cheaper, but i dont' want that to sway my decision either...also i read somewhere that you should also purchase a differential drop...i know the cv can wear with the lift...so is it something i really should invest in as well?...sorry if this topic has been asked already
Old 05-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Crazee Member
jdsouthpaw is on a distinguished road

jdsouthpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Extreme Truck Toys has a 3" billet aluminum spacer lift with Pro-Comp AAL and a diff. drop kit for $189.99 shipped to your door. My buddy installed this lift on hi '06 and loves it. I just ordered it for my'02.

etremetrucktoys.com
Old 05-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
from what i understand of add-a-leafs...is that the longer the better...makes the ride a bit less harsh i think

i know wheelers offers a 3 leaf aal for the 05+...which is what i run on my 02...supposed to be even nicer and less "stiff"

i havent driven a truck with a single aal but i know my truck rides like stock with the saws and 3leaf aal
Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
DBK4 is on a distinguished road

DBK4's Tacoma Gallery
dont go with add a leafs on 05s and up the guy who owned my truck befor i did but one on and the ride is way to stiff it bounces of everything i am actually planning on taking it out cause of how bad it is
Old 08-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Look at my gallery. I am extremely happy with my toytec. I went with the ultimate kit.