Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

sway away coilovers

Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
sway away coilovers

hey guys does anybody have the saw coilovers 2.5 body on there 1st gen tacoma.......and how are the saw's 2.5 on and offroad....do they last a while and are they rebuildable?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I got 'em. They came with my truck.

I have a 4 cylinder with an allpro bumper and I think the springs they come with are too stiff (650 lb).

I've never driven a stock Tacoma but I don't think would be much of an improvement besides being beefier...

Mine are rusting on the body a little bit...

They are rebuildable, and people have ridden them for a very long time without rebuilding (don't quote me, but I think 100k miles).
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok yea i heard from a friend that the saw's rust easily and you have to clean them often
Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Corrosion does happen. Its important to spray them down once in a while with HD silicone lube.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2.0's since November 07 and I always coated them with Stoner's Anti Rust Preventive. Looks new still.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 2.5s on my 06 for about two years now and I wheel the hell out of the truck and I love them.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I have the SAW 2.0s on my '09, I love 'em, great on the trail. I have nothing to compare them to other than the stock TRD OR suspension but I like the SAWs more if that helps.

Rebuildable: Yes. Last a while: Yes.