Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg Ball Joint UCA Install

Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #21
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Its the same as the uniballs (caster wise). The diference is in the joint.
I'm with ya there... I see how their uniball and standard ball joint UCA's differ.

What I'm looking for is how much increase in caster do the Camburg standard ball joint UCA's allow over the stock UCA. (Or compared to the Light Racing UCA would be nice to know as well.)

As advertised, the LR UCA claims a + 2 degree gain over stock.... and uses a OEM "like" ball joint. I like the fact that these use a stock ball joint... mainly for the weather we have here.

Got any numbers?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #22
Crash and burn live and learn
Hugebergen will become famous soon enoughHugebergen will become famous soon enough

Hugebergen's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting these forsure. But I might get them with the b/j installed and not reuse the stock ones. Good right up
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
I'm with ya there... I see how their uniball and standard ball joint UCA's differ.

What I'm looking for is how much increase in caster do the Camburg standard ball joint UCA's allow over the stock UCA. (Or compared to the Light Racing UCA would be nice to know as well.)

As advertised, the LR UCA claims a + 2 degree gain over stock.... and uses a OEM "like" ball joint. I like the fact that these use a stock ball joint... mainly for the weather we have here.

Got any numbers?
No I do not. But it will be enough to correct for alignment problems associated with lift.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #24
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Only difference is in the strength. I've confirmed with camburg they have as much added droop and built in caster as its stronger brother. I know I have 3* caster and could get more if I wanted. Not sure about LR as far as added droop but it seems their caster is adjustable as where burgs is built in.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Only difference is in the strength. I've confirmed with camburg they have as much added droop and built in caster as its stronger brother. I know I have 3* caster and could get more if I wanted. Not sure about LR as far as added droop but it seems their caster is adjustable as where burgs is built in.
That's the info I was searching for...

I'm hoping to learn if the Camburg OEM ball joint type UCA will allow for a zero degree camber setting while maintaining at least a 2 degree positive caster when combined on a 2nd generation Tacoma with a 2 or 2.5 inch lift.

I was considering 5100 shocks up front, on their max 2.5 inch setting, but didn't want to purchase these UCA's if a 2+ caster and a 0 degree camber was not possible after install.

Thanks to all who replied.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #26
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #27
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
OK so i just installed these bastards today. My question is their a cover so water doesnt just sit in the pocket where the bj is??? MY other question is how the heck do you get the dust cover on any tips???

sorry for thread revival
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #28
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
OK so i just installed these bastards today. My question is their a cover so water doesnt just sit in the pocket where the bj is??? MY other question is how the heck do you get the dust cover on any tips???

sorry for thread revival
That was one of the complaints from previous owners when I was reading through old threads. I haven't gotten a chance to check these out in person, but I'm thinking I'd probably drill a small drain hole.....course, I'd have to look at it to be sure.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #29
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
What dust covers did you get?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #30

TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post

sorry for thread revival
I never did find a cover that would stay in place atop the opening in the UCA. That's probably a good thing for around here, snow and slop and salt and such, followed by mud and grit and chit... all that trapped inside and speed corrosion. I just hose it out real well when I wash the truck and forget about it. It'll hose ya back, so move out of the way when ya put the water to it.

As far as that dust cover, when I did mine, the rubber grease boot over the ball joint was held in place by a spring steel clip. Start one edge and just work it back on carefully. You could use some type of pry tool I suppose, (like a wooden paint stick blunted down on the belt sander to resemble a over sized straight screw driver), BUT if you slip, you could be buying a new boot.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #31
djo991 is on a distinguished road
djo991's Tacoma Gallery
Some plasti dip could seal this opening ?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Can i follow these instructions to replace my upper ball joint on a 2nd gen? Or is there something different or any other steps i need to know?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #34
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
That's the info I was searching for...

I'm hoping to learn if the Camburg OEM ball joint type UCA will allow for a zero degree camber setting while maintaining at least a 2 degree positive caster when combined on a 2nd generation Tacoma with a 2 or 2.5 inch lift.

I was considering 5100 shocks up front, on their max 2.5 inch setting, but didn't want to purchase these UCA's if a 2+ caster and a 0 degree camber was not possible after install.

Thanks to all who replied.
So, will they? I just bought 2nd Gen DCSB that already had the Camburg Ball Joint UCA'S installed. Will they work well with Bilstein 5100 OME 885 combo?
Old 06-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #36
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Camburg makes caps for their Ball Joint UCA's...I own them.

http://camburg.com/store/03-11-4runn...uca-cover-kit/
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #37
The Anti-Bling

Subbed for later.