Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total chaos, Camburg, or Light Racing UCA'?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Total chaos, Camburg, or Light Racing UCA'?

Which one of these brands of UCA's are best for fixing alignment issues and give the best ride for the price? any pics of before and after of the alignment fix? Thx.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
TC and LR correct for alignment. Though Camburg arms are said to, some people have installed them, and it made no change in the alignment. As for which is better? It depends on what kind of driving or off roading you do.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Good f'ing question OP.

I was favoring TC UCAs, found out they impact some extended travel shocks at full droop. It seems LR and Camburg don't. Was leaning towards the Camburg stuff...Chris, can you expound upon these reports of no alignment change in only some Camburg installs?

Anyway, looking at non-ext travel Icon stuff now and TC UCAs still, as they don't seem to have a problem with the regular travel stuff.

Doing a lift and tires right is goddam hard and takes too much research :\
Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Good f'ing question OP.

I was favoring TC UCAs, found out they impact some extended travel shocks at full droop. It seems LR and Camburg don't. Was leaning towards the Camburg stuff...Chris, can you expound upon these reports of no alignment change in only some Camburg installs?

Anyway, looking at non-ext travel Icon stuff now and TC UCAs still, as they don't seem to have a problem with the regular travel stuff.

Doing a lift and tires right is goddam hard and takes too much research :\
Camburgs have the same issue with hitting the coil too. Any Uniball UCA will do this, as they have more droop. Seems some Camburg arms dont correct for Caster.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
im leaning towards the total chaos, are you having any issues with your TC's chris? do they squeak often?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Loved my Camburgs but they squeeked like a bitch and no matter how I treated them or dressed them, I couldn't get rid of the squeek. So I sold them and picked up TC. Been happy for many months now.

Both are strong like OX, but it was something stupid like the squeek that drove me nuts.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Camburgs have the same issue with hitting the coil too. Any Uniball UCA will do this, as they have more droop. Seems some Camburg arms dont correct for Caster.
People have reported the issue does not occur with Camburg, LR, etc UCAs and Icon Ext Travel. I haven't looked into other brands. Apparently the difference in the actual shape of the UCA is to blame. So no, it doesn't appear to be all brands...just certain combos. In any event, it sucks, but that's what doing your homework is for.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinsteeg234 View Post
im leaning towards the total chaos, are you having any issues with your TC's chris? do they squeak often?
Mine have been silent since day one. I have had them under water, had concrete dry on the uniball (No shit), and still not a peep. I have sprayed some dry teflon lube on them once a year. Maybe grease them every 6 months.....or when I remember.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I think some of the old Camburg UCA's did not correct caster... now they all do, new design. Just had my front aligned with new Camburg (ball joint UCA) and it's night and day how much better the handling is, but then again probably any aftermarket UCA will fix this nowadays.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
shockme is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Patrol Sgt.
Name: Todd
shockme's Tacoma Gallery

Looking to change out your upper control arms without hitting the bank account too hard? Camburg now offers a performance upper arm that utilizes the OEM type Toyota ball-joint. You re-use your factory ball joint or we have new premium aftermarket joints available. It gives many of the same benefits their uniball upper arms offer at a much lower cost. By building an upper arm to re-angle the ball-joint, you’re able to gain more wheel travel and keep the joint in its normal operating range. These arms also correct the suspension geometry by increasing much needed caster which improves handling and allows for a wider range of alignment adjustment. The tubular construction also gives you more tire & shock clearance compared to the stock stamped arm.
Ball-Joint Arm Specs:
- Tubular chromoly upper a-arms
- Re-angled ball-joint to increase wheel travel over stock
- Increase in positive caster geometry for better handling
- Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings with thick inner sleeves
- Uses factory ball-joints and hardware
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Stainless steel ABS line clamps
- Powder coated gray finish

Notes:
These arms are designed to be used with stock unmodified spindles or Camburg performance lift spindles in conjunction with an approved 2"-3" lift bolt-in coilover. They were not designed to be used in conjunction with other suspension kits or spacer type kits.
Maximum wheel backspacing = 4.50"
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
ive got perfect alignment with my camburg uniball ucas, no squeeks at all i lube them all the time and take good care of em for the most part
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
dezert taco is on a distinguished road

dezert taco's Tacoma Gallery
TC all the way wish i would have stayed with the TC kit i had but i J armed my truck. TC for sure!!!!