Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OFFICIAL..SPINDLE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS no pics

Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #21
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
My alignment after was 0,0 and 2.4. The tech couldnt get my caster any higher than that..
Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #22
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
When I called camburg yesterday before we started I told him my suspension setup. He said the only hardware it comes with is the nuts and bolts for the lca. He stated that everything would swap right over.

The tc ucas have that spacer that sits inside the stock spindle. That swapped right into the camburg one.

I think I'm good. Just need to lower my coilovers so I'm not 7" up. Haha.

I will get it to 5" and then go get it aligned.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #23
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I think I'm good. Just need to lower my coilovers so I'm not 7" up. Haha.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phew you had me concerned there for a minute. I even went out there to look at the setup. It sits perfectly as she sits now so thanks for confirming that for us man!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #26
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
JD,

Had fun working on your truck yesterday. Sorry we couldn't get the front end dropped in time. Started getting late. Anyways, love the truck. Looks great buddy.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #27
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you need a new cap?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
JD,

Had fun working on your truck yesterday. Sorry we couldn't get the front end dropped in time. Started getting late. Anyways, love the truck. Looks great buddy.
B man - I would be easy on those flares today if you do go up to the Canyon!

I just remembered - I never did get up to Bass Pro!

Thanks for all the iced tea!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #29
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol. I will wear the hat just for you Brandy.

Thanks for all your guys' help. Couldn't have done it without you!

Brandons truck is soo clean.

I will take some pictures as is. And then more after it's finished.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #30
Ban Pending

Quote:
Lol. I will wear the hat just for you Brandy.

Thanks for all your guys' help. Couldn't have done it without you!

Brandons truck is soo clean.

I will take some pictures as is. And then more after it's finished.
What do you want us to do with all those extra spare parts?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #31

If I die from a spindle, just bury me with them.

I just measured.

Passenger side ha 3" of thread driver has 4".

Ground to fender:

Passenger front fender 40"
Driver front 41"

Passenger rear 39"
Driver rear 40"

So I'm thinking if I lower the driver front to ~3.3" of thread that will lower the driver front 1". That will make 40" front. Then the rear should both be 40".

It's tough because a part of me wants to keep it at 41" front and raise the rear to match. But it still lions like a beast anyway. It looks like I have over a foot of ground clearance up front.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #32
Ban Pending

Quote:
But it still lions like a beast anyway.
Yeah, it does!!!

Now for those 35s!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
Almost there

Where did you start at?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #36
Ban Pending

Quote:
Ok I'm very confused. I went and cranked the coilover up, so less lift, about 1/2" of thread. Now my front end is at 43" ground to fender. I drive it around too and nothing. Still the same.
Call Mike.

Also - I picked one of these up with the idea that I may be able to make a wrench for shocks... or maybe time will tell.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #38

What's the consensus on firestones lifetime alignments? Do they do a good job? Is there a limit on how many times a month? Year? If you change suspension components do they void it?

I have heard some bad stories but I don't want to pay 50 a pop each time.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #39
Ban Pending

Quote:
What's the consensus on firestones lifetime alignments? Do they do a good job? Is there a limit on how many times a month? Year? If you change suspension components do they void it?

I have heard some bad stories but I don't want to pay 50 a pop each time.
I went to one in Baldwin Park that was good. I have been to a couple that have been weak! Luck of the draw I guess.