Notices

Problems with Camburg uniball UCA's?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Problems with Camburg uniball UCA's?

I was thinking about ordering these to help fix my alignment (caster) problems and to improve my overall ride. Anybody running these and having any issues?? Do you recommend?

CAM-310036
Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
do a search brotha. lots of information on this subject that will help you understand UCAs and the shortcomings of each brand.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg Uniball are badass for sure and will help fix alignment. I got the cheaper version of those (Camburg ball joint UCA)that reuses your stock ball joint, they fixed my alignment issues. Also to consider/research: Light racing, Total Chaos, Icon, and AllPro.

I'm 90% sure all of those aftermarket UCAs aide in getting proper alignment after lifting.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have camburg arms on my first gen and they worked great. money well spent. personally i like camburg better than TC

the only thing that sucks about uni-balls UCA's is you gotta keep them clean to prevent early wear and tear and they can be noisy. they are a race truck style part and that's just bound to happen. if you keep them clean and lubed up with some dry teflon spray you'll be fine.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
^great info! i had camburgs installed but the shop threw away all documentation. where do you get dry teflon spray?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
^great info! i had camburgs installed but the shop threw away all documentation. where do you get dry teflon spray?
Amazon. this is what most people use (including me) and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Perform...0913746&sr=8-1
Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine but could never get the exact alignment I wanted and later found out others had the same problem. They will require a lot more maintenance then the normal ball joint with a boot around them. I had the squeaking problem and thought for the longest time it was because i couldn't get them clean enough but found out my coils on 2.5 SAW coilovers were rubbing on the sway bar and now that I have fixed that, no more squeaking!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=nelson18matt;1641517]Amazon. this is what most people use (including me) and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Perform...8-1[/quote]

awesome thanks!!! any application advice? just spray the heck out of it? i should prolly get more than one can since ill have this truck forever?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
awesome thanks!!! any application advice? just spray the heck out of it? i should prolly get more than one can since ill have this truck forever?
just clean up the uni ball really well. then spary the lube on it and let it dry. then your good to go. i do this prob once every 2 weeks and they dont sqeak much.

now my bushings and heim steering...thats a different story.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Great info, just ordered mine today actually and cant wait! thanks for the help
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinsteeg234 View Post
Great info, just ordered mine today actually and cant wait! thanks for the help
sweet man, you'll be happy with them.

Products Discussed in this Thread