Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lifting a low rider back to stock

Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
busch4all is on a distinguished road
busch4all's Tacoma Gallery
lifting a low rider back to stock

I have a 99 taco 4x2 which was lowered by the previous owner. I'm in the process of raising it back up to stock or near stock. In the rear, they used spacer blocks on top the leaf springs to get a total of nearly 5" of drop. I see that there are wedges in there for pinion angle. My question is do the wedges need to be used once I take out the blocks and get it back to stock setup? Are the wedges part of the spacer kit or are they part of the stock setup?

Up front the previous owner replaced the swing arms, springs and a few other items. I'm not going to tackle that just yet. Once I do that, it anyone wants to lower their tacoma, I'll have all the parts......

Last question, the rear leaf springs have only 2 leafs per side on my rig. It seems very soft and was wondering it a stock taco has 3. It sort of looks like they may have taken out 1 leaf per side but I just haven't seen any other 2wd tacos around to compare it to. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
they prolly removed leafs to get extra drop. and once u take those blocks out, there shouldnt need to be any reaosn to have the shims in there for the angles.