1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL help...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by All Beef Taco, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    All Beef Taco

All Beef Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road DC 4x4
    Rattle canned wheels, Weathertech Floormats, Undercover Tonneau, DIY Hi-Lift jack bed mount, Demello Sliders, ARB Bumper w/ ARB Fogs + anytime fogs mod, IPF 968's, Warn M8000 w/ Amsteel Blue & Billet 4x4 Hawse Fairlead, Rear Leaf TSB, Toytec Adjustable Coilovers and AALs, Rear Bilstein 5100's, BFG MT KM2's, Safari Snorkel, Rear Diff Breather Mod
    I tried to install my new Toytec AAL set but ran into some trouble. I'm not sure I'm doing it right- I wasn't able to get the leaves to pull away from the axle when I lowered it. I supported the frame, unbolted everything, etc... But with my jack under the rear diff and lowered all the way to its lowest setting I still didn't have room to separate the leaves from the axle and get my AAL in. Does this mean I didn't Jack the frame up high enough? Is there a different way to do this?

2. Apr 11, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Sounds like you didnt jack the frame high enough. Use longer jack stands, or put some large wooden blocks under them to get the extra height.

Products Discussed in

To Top