Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Super Bumps

Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Super Bumps

Seems like not many of you know about our Super Bumps. Here is a link to the info: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...per-bumps.html

Any input from those who do have them would be great to hear.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running them, but honestly I dont fell like I've hit em. I need to crawl under there and see if there are any bump marks. Put those 35s to work this weekend too.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=jhodge83;1651651]I'm running them, but honestly I dont feel like I've hit em. quote]

Ha! Well thats how it should feel. No harsh bottoming out.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I was about to click "buy" until the wife made me feel guilty for buying stuff for my truck all the time

I did just give her 700 bucks so she could pay off a loan. I think I will be getting these very soon
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=YotaDan;1651670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
I'm running them, but honestly I dont feel like I've hit em. quote]

Ha! Well thats how it should feel. No harsh bottoming out.
i know, i just wanna validate that they are actually being hit.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
just installed Wheelers Superbumps on the front. For the install the supplied allen key was too long to get it to fit between the lower arm and into the bumpstop to tighten the bolt. I cut the Allen key shorter to fit. Also used locktite on the threads to secure the bolt from loosening under vibration.

Tested the bump stops after at a neighbourhood large pothole at 40km/hr. YES, much better. A hit on the stock bump stops is a sudden jarring, that makes you think you hit metal on metal. With the new Superbumps, there is no jarring at all, makes you think you didn't even bottom out.

Much more controlled with the Super bumps, and for such little investment. Gives me peace of mind if I miss seeing a sinkhole in time like what happened to me before. That hit on stock bumps makes you think something was bound to break!