Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

CV Axle

Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
CV Axle

i have a dead front diff, front drive shaft and cv axle from a wreck in January, i am waiting for them to approve my addition to the claim because we just discovered the problem (the wreck DESTROYED my IFS). they told me im not allowed to change out any suspension parts or else my claim can be automaticly denied however i feel like the axles about to take a shit, my truck violently vibrates when you hit the gas, will not stay in 4wd if engaged because the drive shaft is jammed in the diff and moves up and down and side to side, and it pops and clanks, what am i supposed to do if it dies while im driving to school? and what can happen if it does die on the way to school, and they wont dish out $$ for a rental because my truck is still driveable, i tried

now i hope the bastards dont deny the claim, then to a lawer i go
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Get the lawyer now. He'll get you a car
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
I concur, get a lawyer. Provided you were either not at fault or were covered by comprehensive insurance.

Stop all communication with the insurance company and work through a lawyer.

Personally I was hit head on by a Sysco food service truck on a mountain pass in March 2009, it messed up my front end real bad. There insurance provider was sooo dificult to deal with that I filed a claim with mine and got it taken care of, so I was out a $500 deductible and about $300 in excess rental fees beyond what my policy covered (since it took 40 days in the shop to get it all fixed). They tried jerking me around on my expenses.. sent me a check for $459 for the above. Whatever. Figured I'd never sue them for $350 dollars I guess. Well, I did.

My attorney got me just over $8,000 and they had to pay my legal expenses on top of that (they eventually settled in the final hour before trial).

For my situation my attorney argued and proved a vehicle value loss as a result of the accident. That added up to big bucks. MAybe next time they'll get smart and treat people right? Naw, I doubt that...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
yeah their appraiser just looked at body damage and let me tell them what was wrong mechanicly to save on mechanic fees the front diff was overlooked until i couldnt keep axle seals, its a 2400 $ repair plus 700 body damage, if they keep jerking me ill take both but if they actually wisen up i dont care about the body damage its just scratches, but it was the other parties fault and it occered at aprox 35-40 mph

i just want them to write a check for the 2400 so i can just go ahead and do a SAS rather than stay stock
Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
Get a lawyer, get your proverbial fat cash, SAS.
buy some of my crap ive accumulated in my garage and other garages ive cleaned out, i need 800 more dollars!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
buy some of my crap ive accumulated in my garage and other garages ive cleaned out, i need 800 more dollars!
When you get paid the lawyer will get paid.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #7
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
punching bag, tool box, baseball cards, auto crap ect... lol
Old 04-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need to have a "garage" sale in the BST
Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
ins

the ins. called this morning they said that it has to be explained to them whats wrong and shown by the person working on the truck. they said since my truck is still driveable and wasnt at a body shop my claim was denied unless justin or a body shop shows and explains whats wrong. idk wtf a body shop has to do with it but they said they cannot take the dealers word for it and me nor the dealer can show them because im a conflict of intrest and the dealer isnt the ones fixing... my mom wants to talk to them
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
CRAZY 4WHEELER

The best thing you can do is go see a lawyer. They will never fix your truck if they can find a loop hole. Insurance companies are run by the DEVIL. Fight fire with fire. You won't lose.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, get a lawyer, like everyone on here is advising. Of course they are gonna give you the run around if they can.

Doesn't do any good to complain about it, that won't get your problem fixed.

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
Dude, get a lawyer, like everyone on here is advising. Of course they are gonna give you the run around if they can.

Doesn't do any good to complain about it, that won't get your problem fixed.

Good luck.
i cant, im gonna have to play by what they say, mom wont let me get a lawyer, but since they are giving me the run around im gound to get the body damage fixed that i initially wasnt going to worry about
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #13
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Not too sure about the mom thing, but I'd fix that front diff first. That truck ain't going to be worth a shit with a bound up front end.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i cant, im gonna have to play by what they say, mom wont let me get a lawyer, but since they are giving me the run around im gound to get the body damage fixed that i initially wasnt going to worry about
WTH? let us talk to your mom ... i dont see what she has against it.. they are trying to play legal this and that. so you fight the same way. alot of lawyers are more than willin to take a case W/O payment. you win they get payed. you lose they walk with no charge. atleast call and get FREE advice.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky4.0 View Post
WTH? let us talk to your mom ... i dont see what she has against it.. they are trying to play legal this and that. so you fight the same way. alot of lawyers are more than willin to take a case W/O payment. you win they get payed. you lose they walk with no charge. atleast call and get FREE advice.
Totally agree Fight fire with fire. Think there may be more to this story than we know.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Think there may be more to this story than we know.
something smells fishy 4 sure....
Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky4.0 View Post
something smells fishy 4 sure....
Hmmmmmmmm????
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
it was damage that got over looked, it was icey when the wreck happened and the other driver came in my lane, its just that my mom doesnt understand how my front end is messed up, it ripped out my ifs for gods sake, we had to replace tie rods, ball joints, cv axle, and rack and pinion initially, now we also found that the diff iss fubarred because it basicly got impaled.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
it was damage that got over looked, it was icey when the wreck happened and the other driver came in my lane, its just that my mom doesnt understand how my front end is messed up, it ripped out my ifs for gods sake, we had to replace tie rods, ball joints, cv axle, and rack and pinion initially, now we also found that the diff iss fubarred because it basicly got impaled.

You should go back to the mechanic who didnt fix it. Good luck to you. Hope you get it fixed
Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #20

must have been a fubar mechanic... i would've checked my front diff leaving the shop.. from the sound of it.. everything should have been replaced.. maybe even the tcase.. i have had a hard hit on the front end b4...pushed the d shaft in the case and split it..